cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happy Jack Lifts

splinterpicker
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a Grand Design 395M. We plan on using the garage as a second bedroom. I have an adjustable king bed that I need for medical purposes. I know the beds on the lift are queen. Is there a way or an idea on how to connect my adjustable be to be raised when not in use or to secure when traveling.
6 REPLIES 6

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Support and lifting are two different items. Our I believe says it can support 4-500 lbs not moving. It says to not lift any weight on it other than the bed itself.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

splinterpicker
Explorer
Explorer
My bad i would like to lift the adjustable to trans port golf cart. I will try calling Lippert again.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
splinterpicker wrote:
Thanks for the replies. That is what I was thinking. We do not need the seats and the bed above. I have called but got tired of holding. The web site says there is one that can support 500lb. Not sure how accurate that would be real world.

"hold" and "lift" are two entirely different things. I doubt you'll find anything that rates the "lifting" limits.

Did you scour the Lippert website? I found the manuals for my old Happi-Jac there, it was a HUGE help in diagnosing issues.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

splinterpicker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. That is what I was thinking. We do not need the seats and the bed above. I have called but got tired of holding. The web site says there is one that can support 500lb. Not sure how accurate that would be real world.

jneubig
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 395M and agree that your bed will probably be too much weight. I put the mattress from the master on my queen and a few folding chairs when we travel and can hear the struggle of the electric motor when lifting the bed and sofas below. Now if you were to remove the sofas, and all additional weight, it might be possible. Maybe Lippert can help with the capabilities of the lift.

socaladam
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly, the mechanism probably will not lift the weight of the bed and the frame. If it does, i'll be amazed as the mattress that comes with the happijac bed weighs all of 5-10lbs max and the frame the bed rides on probably weighs 40-50lbs.

I'll bet your adjustable king bed is close to 200+ lbs in totality.