cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing shower pan and walls

Octaneforce
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1993 fleetwood coronado, class a, p30 chassis 454, you know the deal. Anyway most of the interior has been updated but the bathroom/shower is pretty gnarly. I want to do a new shower pan and wall surrounds but i cant seem to find anything that matches the shape of this weird thing. If somebody could direct me or knows the name of this shower pan shape i would be eternally greatful

Ive debated tearing everything out and doing a custom tile shower pan and walls but that would be soo much weight in the back corner of the truck
1993 fleetwood coronado 30โ€™ class a chuggin along with a tbi 454
An On demand hot water heater was the best thing i ever did
5 REPLIES 5

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at this place. Very happy with what they replaced. Made to fit the place that you need.

http://www.onyxcollection.com/custom-shower-bases-pans.html

Octaneforce
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
Yes, weight is always an issue. Here are some traditional replacements.

One place

More

More

I checked those sights initially and couldnt find my particular shower shape. So annoying! I wouldnt chop it up and make it a regular rectangle but that rv is already designed so tight.

I really appreciate the help so far guys

Octaneforce
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
You can buy shower pan material at Home Depot that can be cut and shaped to any size. Then you can use whatever material you want to make the base. Even tile if you want to. For the sidewalls I would recommend the lightweight plastic 4x8 sheets that are also available at Home Depot along with the trim pieces that go with them. These plastic panels, along with the corner trim, should make a waterproof show enclosure. The base could be built up with wood and then covered with fiberglass cloth and resin if you do not want to use tile.

Ughh i was trying to avoid those white sheets at home depot. We have a shop bathroom that we redid with that stuff and it does the job but its just...cheesy lol. Regardless it looks like im gonna have to do this custom. I am not a good carpenter by any means thats why i was trying to find the premade inserts. If i made my own shower base out of fiberglass it would look like a 7 year olds paper machey project.
I think a tile shower base would be a good idea. Its a small shower so it wouldnt weigh too much. And the walls would have to be the sheets like you said

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, weight is always an issue. Here are some traditional replacements.

One place

More

More

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can buy shower pan material at Home Depot that can be cut and shaped to any size. Then you can use whatever material you want to make the base. Even tile if you want to. For the sidewalls I would recommend the lightweight plastic 4x8 sheets that are also available at Home Depot along with the trim pieces that go with them. These plastic panels, along with the corner trim, should make a waterproof show enclosure. The base could be built up with wood and then covered with fiberglass cloth and resin if you do not want to use tile.