cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Putting your RV.NET name on your RV

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Do some of you or many of you put your RV.NET "name" on your MH, 5er or TT??
60 REPLIES 60

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are kinda required to have our cell phone number displayed as we work and park in vendor parking at events that we work . Twelve years and never had a call !

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
nope
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I send off one check every month.. And I found out (yesterday) I'd have saved 10 bucks had I taken my check book to DMV (Secretary of State in MI) but frankly I'd rather use the card I used. Expensive day (over 500 there and about 650 by the time I returned to RV for the night).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Bank account numbers are no big deal. Hell, they're right there on every one of your checks.

Checks whats that? ??:)
Havent used one of those in about 10 years now,only pay w debit card or CC when buying online or traveling..

Peculiar thing, when I was in Japan everyone from stores to restaurants prefers cash,except big hotels maybe.
Even banks and real estate transactions are done using large sums of cash,no checks!
Its strange to see in such futuristic country,
this guy buying a house had to bring 20 thousand $ cash to his realtor so he simply withdrawn money from ATM..
See 12.min.
https://youtu.be/WvVw-GNVfeI

This can only be done in Japan as its very safe people are honest and if someone loses a walet,money or whatever people are honest enough to return it..
https://soranews24.com/2015/02/18/tokyo-a-class-above-the-rest-with-3-3-billion-yen-of-lost-cash-tur...

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Never
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
iRV2 had a sticker you could put in a window.

In the bathroom window:B
that's all they're good for over there and flushing their bs down the toilet

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Amazing how not everyone does as you do. Aren't you glad we're all different, with different needs. I go through a box of 150 checks in about 7 years. Some places want to charge you extra to use a CC, go figure.

It is isn't it?

Everywhere charges you extra to use a credit card BTW, no business owner is eating the 2% to 5% fee Visa, Mastercard, etc are charging based on volume charged. If they are, they won't be in business long.
You know what I meant. Most places figure in the cost of doing business with CC into their overall price. You pay that whether you use a CC or not.

But most government places will charge you a couple extra bucks "convenience fee" for using a CC for any transaction. If I can save a few bucks here and there by writing a check, I'll take it. And some places I donate to will take a CC or Paypal, but I write a check because I want the whole amount to go to them, rather than a percentage to someone else. One of the reasons I don't do GoFundMe or other crowdfunding companies.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
Identify plaque for campsite.

Smith & Wesson
357 Magnum St.
Mossberg, Remington 500870

LOL. Niiiice.

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Bank account numbers are no big deal. Hell, they're right there on every one of your checks.

LOL. you still use checks? last time I wrote a ck was 12 yrs ago.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:

Amazing how not everyone does as you do. Aren't you glad we're all different, with different needs. I go through a box of 150 checks in about 7 years. Some places want to charge you extra to use a CC, go figure.

It is isn't it?

Everywhere charges you extra to use a credit card BTW, no business owner is eating the 2% to 5% fee Visa, Mastercard, etc are charging based on volume charged. If they are, they won't be in business long.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
mdcamping wrote:
A few yrs ago I saw a guy with a RV.net open roads forum T shirt. (the older signage before good sams) Not sure where he got it as we were going in different directions and no time to say anything.

I thought at one time this site offered stuff like that.

Mike

Mike,
Years ago, you could purchase shirts, hats, etc. with the RV.net logo on them. Also, the moderators could get boxes full of stuff to pass out at the various rallys that we attended. I still have a few odd sized T-shirts and some other stuff that was left over from a few of the rallies that I and Les Adams (former TT moderator) sponsored.
I also have a bunch of the white "Open Roads Forum" plastic clings that were popular several years ago plus some other small stuff.

All of this stopped happening when this forum was taken over by Good Sam Club. Since then, it seems that all forum development, activities, and even participation has dropped from the friendly family type feeling that used to be present.

Very sorry to see this happen. The forum is still a very helpful place and a great RVing resource, but seems to lack the closeness it used to have. I, for one, miss it!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
I write one check a month for our space rent, cause the the online company they use charges $1.00 for using there service. It irritates the office to all getup.
My bank's online pay service would cut and mail the check for free. Automatically, every month.

So does mine...it's more the point for me. From what I have found, the dollar goes to the corporation that owns this place. So any inconvenience I can cause them is good with me. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have moved here, the "corporation" is no better than a slumlord. Good thing it's only temporary for us though, once our obligations are done we'll be leaving this state forever.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
A few yrs ago I saw a guy with a RV.net open roads forum T shirt. (the older signage before good sams) Not sure where he got it as we were going in different directions and no time to say anything.

Mike

I used to have a bunch of'um, but they wore out.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)