cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 GMC 3500HD Options

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
....What options are suggested for this truck with an AF865? Is the Snow Plow option a good idea & why? Please give me suggestions & why... Thanks!
30 REPLIES 30

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
#1Flyboy wrote:
Marcella.... Do you have any pictures this?...

I'm guessing you're talking about the brace. It is evident when you go to install torklift tiedowns what I am talking about.

I actually used 2" x 1/8" angle. You just need a big bit to drill the hole through, and space the hole away from the angle so that it holds the nut while you tighten it down, and maybe need a longer bolt. The angle is about 11" long so it spans top to bottom of the frame.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Marcella.... Do you have any pictures this?...

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
finsruskw wrote:
I think that is due to frame flex and not the front axle.

GM has one of the stiffest frames of the big 3.

It is a pretty good frame, fully boxed. I looked at a F550 frame and ford strengthened it by overlaying another piece on top and outside, probably engineered correctly but looked kind of cheesy.

Re the camper tie downs at the front on GM, there is a metal plate that is on the outside of the frame with a large bolt that goes through to a nut on the inside. If you do the recommended torque to whatever pounds they recommend it pinches the frame. Get a piece of angle 1/8" x 1.5" and put a hole through it and use it to span top to bottom, plenty of room on the passenger side, on the drivers side it is tight but doable. Doesn't pinch the frame this way and gives much better support.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
.... I'm pretty sure that I'll order the snow plow package on the 2019 GMC Denali Duramax CC LB Dually 3500... Had a 2007 LBZ & it was flawless.... Isuzu designed the motor for GM; largest MFG of diesel in the world...And the Allison is proven....

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
finsruskw wrote:

GM has one of the stiffest frames of the big 3.

PhilR
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2013 Chevy 2500 HD with plow package has camper loading data on a sticker in the glove box. Nothing says campers not allowed with plow package. I'll be taking delivery of my 2019 3500 HD w/ plow package next week....nothing in the truck build sheet says no campers.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Devocamper wrote:
not sure about GM but with ram if you have a truck with a snow plow prep option you get a sticker that states that the truck is not recommended for truck camper use, some body must have tried to plow snow with a camper loaded and had a warranty claim ?

I had this problem on my 2015, but many calls to factory resulted in them sending me a piece of paper with real numbers on it.
Than I bought a 2018 custom ordered truck, and it came without any paper for camper loading. I tried but gave up. Factory would say the dealer should be able to supply that, dealer looked at me like they had no idea what I was talking about. I think the lot boy who pretended to clean the truck before delivery threw it out.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Stiffer front suspension will reduce fore and aft pitching.

what many tc ers call porpoising
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
What??
About losing weight off the front axle when the camper is on board??
I would think a heavier duty front axle would make the truck ride rougher.
Then lose some weight when the camper is loaded, and make it ride even more rough??

I loose about 400 pounds off the front axle on my '15 Ram 3500 dually when I load the 1181. Can't really tell much difference though in the ride. The overhead struts help a lot in the ride dept.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
I am a little confused with the conversation about HD front springs . As far as I know all HD GM' s have torsion bar suspension up front , not springs .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
finsruskw.... not sure i understand your post, could you expand the post please, thanks....

Bedlam
Stiffer front suspension will reduce fore and aft pitching.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you want a heavier front axle, unless you plan on hanging a plow up front, when you will more than likely loose weight off the front axle when the camper is loaded.
I do.