Majestic31
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what the loose wires are for behind the rear bumper
6 REPLIES 6

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those wires might be for towing a car . To operate the cars lights and a charge line for the battery , so you don't have pull a fuse to keep your car battery charged while towing it.
Test those wires to see if they have juice with the motorhome off (see if they are HOT or dead )
Test them again with the motorhome running.

As said, tape or cap them off to prevent circuits from popping.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loose or bare wires =problems down the road. Have someone tape them up and secure them so you don't have to post a question on why your fuses keep blowing.

Be safe out there.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Three questions, how many wires, what colors and are there any empty screw holes near the receiver that might have been used for mounting a trailer plug.

I believe that class A's don't often have 7 pin or blade connectors, usually 4 or 6. After all, most A's don't pull full size trailers.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Could also be for backup sensors. The one we rented had those.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess they are wires for a trailer electrical connector--if you're fortunate, all the wires that would be needed for a seven-pin connector.

cencerrita
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi
Not back to our 28A until October (storage) but all i can remember at the moment is the rear bumper had a tow lighting connector wired up onto it. Does yours and if not maybe that is what these wires are.
Also what year chassis is your 28A as they may vary.
Hope that helps
www.cencerrita.comNow living in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. See our web site for US travels and books www.cencerrita.com