cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Fuzion touch screen?

schwipps324
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a new Fuzion 424. Really turned off by the new touch screen controls. Anybody had any experience with the touch screen? And thoughts comments and concerns?
20 REPLIES 20

dedmiston
CampingN.C. wrote:
Dude relax...

I agree.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Dude relax, I'm just saying they are wired better than the standard that's all. I've looked at them closely, and not just on the dealers lot. My new 2018 Jayco has the standard crappy crimp on connectors that are barely crimped but that's simply not the case on the Fuzions.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

98silvz71
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
I don't own one but we have, and still are looking at one. The new Fuzions are one of the few campers out there that are using a structured wiring program. Everything is color coded, unlike 99% of all campers, and wired to a central box. Inside that box are all circuits, labeled with manual override switches in case something goes wrong on the panel.

It's not just another camper wired with a touch screen. The whole unit is all but built around the wiring. It was a big selling point for us actually and still is.

The wiring in my Jayco however, well that's a different story. :S

We just went to a camper show over the weekend. We saw a lot of campers that we liked or features we liked etc. However, when we got to checking some of these campers out in detail, we started to get nervous with them. A lot of them had their wiring just thrown in, nothing was neat about it, just a mess. Others, like the couple of Keystones we looked at, had much neater wiring, everything was secured, etc. I don't remember the other brands that we had looked at but I do remember the Keystones were cleaner.
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB Duramax - 20K B&W Companion, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks and Stabilizer, BFG A/T KO2
2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 Toyhauler
2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
CampingN.C. wrote:
I don't own one but we have, and still are looking at one. The new Fuzions are one of the few campers out there that are using a structured wiring program. Everything is color coded, unlike 99% of all campers, and wired to a central box. Inside that box are all circuits, labeled with manual override switches in case something goes wrong on the panel.

It's not just another camper wired with a touch screen. The whole unit is all but built around the wiring. It was a big selling point for us actually and still is.

Believe what you want to believe :h Personally I am sure they're building the entire rig around the wiring harnesses LOL. Actually sounds like a lot of marketing hype which Keystone is known for.

"Makes it easy to trace electrical circuits and save troubleshooting time"? Why do you need to troubleshoot such great wiring would be my question. I guess our Rockwood is in the 1% also with its color coded wiring, even the RG6 coax runs are different colors.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer

2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
D.E.Bishop wrote:

Touch screens are for the most part very reliable and will only get better.

For the most part, but that touchscreen has to be tied into a control panel with some type of relay for every circuit / fixture. That requires a lot more wiring, even more so if they installed back up switches. With more wiring comes more connectors crimped on by some person whose goal is to get as many done in as short as time as possible, so he can go home and slop the hogs. Most of these manufacturers can not even get wiring up two cheap speakers correct and people want them installing automation systems?

Add to that the system is made or distributed by Furrion(associated with LCI), ASA, or Patrick Industries, none of which are known for producing state of the art rock solid electronic components, but mostly cheap imported junk.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Considering how often things go wrong with these things, extra complexity is not usually a good and desirable thing.

Have to agree. Because if you pull that touch screen or look at its control / relay board, which will be buried in the least accessible location possible, it will look like this.

With the use of scotchlocks, crimp connectors, wire nuts, and in a lot of cases a good twist and tape by some amish guy getting paid piecework, all done in 15 minutes, who was hired through the staffing agency, you're lucky if the brake and other wiring to conventional switches and such does not fail as time goes on. Let alone introducing more complexity.

But if you absolutely need that tech...have at it.

How did you get a pic of the wiring in my rig?

Amazing anything works when you see what a mess is in there.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
schwipps324 wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
We don't have the touch screen in our Impact, but our neighbor does in his Fuzion. Seems pretty cool so far. I think the best part about it is you can access it all from your mobile device. So, we were camping with them last weekend, and he wanted to turn on a light inside for his dog, so he just did it from his phone versus having to get up and do it. Same w/ controlling the sound system. Now, some may call it lazy, but I thought it was neat. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm glad they are liking it. How long have they had it? I'm looking to see if this is a durable system or not. I think its a cool concept but what happens when that touch screen goes out? Can i even turn a light on at that point

Theirs is a 2017, they've had it a little over a year. Not sure on the override for if the screen goes out.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Touchscreens rarely work better than buttons, and you can't simply replace a button when one part of the touchscreen quits working correctly. Sometimes newer isn't better, sometimes it's just newer.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Highlander350h
Explorer
Explorer
cfdwheeler wrote:
The Grand Design Momentums are still using the OneControl touch screens. I cannot speak for their Solitude line.

I have a buddy of mine that just purchased a 2018 Momentum toyhauler and it has this touchscreen in it. At first they thought it was great but now that they have had it a while they are wishing it had button (real button) controls in it.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
When we were young newly weds(over 50 years ago), we took a roll of dimes with us to make phone calls to the out-laws every few days. Now we text, email and as a last resort, phone someone using our cell phones.

To quote Bob Dillon, "the times they are a changin".

A side effect of the "space race" and the "cold war" was, massive changes in electronics and adapting military/space technology to things like adapting missle guidance systems to driving, or the GPS, that and other military/nasa inovation.

Touch screens are for the most part very reliable and will only get better.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
Considering how often things go wrong with these things, extra complexity is not usually a good and desirable thing.

Have to agree. Because if you pull that touch screen or look at its control / relay board, which will be buried in the least accessible location possible, it will look like this.

With the use of scotchlocks, crimp connectors, wire nuts, and in a lot of cases a good twist and tape by some amish guy getting paid piecework, all done in 15 minutes, who was hired through the staffing agency, you're lucky if the brake and other wiring to conventional switches and such does not fail as time goes on. Let alone introducing more complexity.

But if you absolutely need that tech...have at it.

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Momentums have them but have backup switches for most everything.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I see many of the trailers with the InCommand feature. I like the Bluetooth feature allowing trailer control from a smartphone. That might be real handy while setting up during a rain storm, for example. You could stay in the TV and kick out the slides, turn on the lights, and put out the awning while staying dry.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE