cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel from upstate of SC to Toledo, OH

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Pulling TT to Toledo for family related activity. Usually go I40 thru NC and I75 from Knoxville. Leaving on Saturday. One night layover in KY. Sunday continue I75 north. Cincinnati on Sunday noon or so. Last time it took 2 hours to get thru Cincinnati during the week. How is it on Sunday. I can also go I77 north from Charlotte, but its a longer route. Opinions? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
The back up is always in KY before the bridge. Went through there a few weeks ago and really had no problems except for the slow down before the bridge. Have you considered going up 25E in TN instead of 75? It connects to 75 in Corbin KY and takes you through the Cumberland Gap. I live near where 81 comes into 40 and I take 25E when I go to MI. Granted, its a secondary road but its mostly 4 lane divided and it does go through towns and stop lights. There are a couple of fair grades but nothing hair raising.

If you consider going 25E then hit I-81 north and get off at the Morristown exit 8. That puts you on 25E. Pretty route. I much prefer it to 75.

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
You should be just fine going through Cincinnati this weekend, even the Bengals are playing out of town so you won't have any Paul Brown Stadium traffic. The construction areas have improved through town and the lanes are much wider now. We just got back yesterday from Toledo and the only construction we saw was through Findlay, even Dayton is wide open now.

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
🙂 Safe Travels!
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Farm Camp wrote:
Sunday travel through Cincy isn't too bad. It can be congested but should not be anything like two hours unless there are construction closures or accidents. (I last came through on a Sunday afternoon in June.) You can take the outer belt around downtown if there looks like any serious construction delays. (Cicy is always under construction downtown it seems.)

OHGO.COM can help you research current travel conditions through Ohio if you have not heard of that site.

Thanks FarmCamp!

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
Sunday travel through Cincy isn't too bad. It can be congested but should not be anything like two hours unless there are construction closures or accidents. (I last came through on a Sunday afternoon in June.) You can take the outer belt around downtown if there looks like any serious construction delays. (Cicy is always under construction downtown it seems.)

OHGO.COM can help you research current travel conditions through Ohio if you have not heard of that site.
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped