cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

drain fresh water tank on Coachman Freelander 21 RS

KennyBoy
Explorer
Explorer
How do I drain the fresh water tank - 2018?

Ken
6 REPLIES 6

Stim
Explorer
Explorer
You don't say why you want to drain. ??
When winterizing you need to find all drain points so lines don't freeze.

Newbiecampers
Explorer
Explorer
On our Coachmen Freelander 21QB the fresh water tank drain line is under the drawer that is under the oven, along with the low-point drain lines. You'll need to open the drawer and look behind it on the floor.

You can't see them from under the coach 'cause the propane tank blocks the view of the three. They drain out on top of the propane tank.

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Forest River Forester Class C. Coachman is a division of Forest River. Our water tank drain lever is in back storage compartment, drivers side. Front inside wall of compartment has round removable disk{unscrew) cover. In back of that is a small silver color lever-turn that water drains out. Good Luck, Lars
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Underneath I would be looking for either of these: (1) a small spigot next to a fairly small protruding tube that allows the water to drain...turn it counter-clockwise to open, or (2) a 3rd pull-handle underneath similar to your black and gray pull handles. If your rig has #1 the water drains in a steady flow so get yourself a cup of coffee or do some chores while you wait. If itโ€™s a #2 the water will come out in a gush. Either way itโ€™s just water so I do this operation at the end of the season in the driveway when I am winterizing.

Welcome to the RV.net forum, KennyBoy.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Find the location of your water tank. It might be under the bed , they are usually supported by the floor of the MH to support its weight. Follow the line down to a low point and see where it goes where you would have access to it.
Sometimes the valve is located at the tank and you can turn it from the inside.
If your fridge has a panel below it, try to remove 4 screws holding it in place and see what's behind that panel . I had low point drains there and they drained my tank too.
Sometimes the valve is behind a removable access panel inside one of the exterior baggage compartments .
Try the compartment closest to the water tank first.
** On some units that valve is also a low point drain for the H/C lines as well. If you see 'low point drains' and it takes forever to drain those lines, then you are draining the freshwater tank as well.

Look below the gravity water fill twist-off cap if you have one (that's a common area as well)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d look under the tank for a drain valve.