Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Isnt this a class B

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
https://rochester.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2008-jayco-melbourne-29d/6674648924.html

I like the looks but isn't this a class B ?? Is the price inline ? And how much room to walk thru with the slides in ?
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
17 REPLIES 17

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Check to see if the bed "folds" up when the slide is in. As a person with back problems, I find it difficult to sleep comfortably on a bed with a "fold" in the mattress/cushions. May not be a problem for you, but it's worth consideration.

It does look like a nicely kept rig. The fact that there is a lien means he probably has to have that price to clear his loan. Doesn't mean you have to pay that, but he may have to cough up some money to get the title released if you pay less. It's called negotiation.

And I agree about the tires. We bought an 8 year old motorhome with 7200 miles on it. Tires were so new they still had the nubs on them. Replaced all including the spare as we were headed to Alaska. If you're going to just camp locally, the tire store said you'd be fine, but since we were headed out on a long trip, they said it was a wise choice to change them.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
bobndot wrote:
I always thought a motorhome with a regular style door was a C and the sliding door style was the B .

Traditionally:
- A is a full RV body build on a chassie with no van or truck body parts incorporated. These can be broken down by engine placement and if they are built on a bus/motorcoach chassie or not.
- B is a full van body...largely the same as a non-RV van (sometimes with a higher roof).
- C is just the front of a van (possibly pickup or even larger truck front end) with an RV body built on the chassie. There is typically an overhead bunk over the cab.
- B+ is a newer designation similar to a C but with no overhead bunk.

Of course, as with many things RV, there is a lot of marketing and very little regulation of the use of these terms.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
We have one just like it.

As to things blocked when closed up. Sink cabinet and its 2 drawers, 1 of 2 doors on overhead sink cabinet partly opens. We still can access sink drawers but it limits what can be removed. One is utensels and the other is misc.

Bed is not a walk around when closed but all drawers and cabinets fully open. Storage under bed not available when slide fully closed.

Full access to bathroom, couch and table as well as all kitchen cabinets with the exception above.

Ours has served us well including a 3 month trip to Alaska and back.

Any other questions send Private email.
Jim Hunter

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to drive it, to see it handles. Once you start adding suspension mods you could easily be spending another $4-5k to make it stay between the lines. Then you have to deal with the 10 year old part of the equation. Things are going to start needing replacement.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Here is 25 of them for sale on RV Trader for you to look thru for comparison.
https://www.rvtrader.com/MELBOURNE-29D-Jayco-RVs/rvs-for-sale?make=Jayco%7C2272274&model=MELBOURNE%7...

Whether the guy was upside down or not and why they are selling IMHO, JMHO is irrelevant, that's his problem not the buyers. Albiet if you are going to get a loan on it call your bank and ask what they are able to give you on that MH. 'That' is what will be the determining factor on it's worth for a loan.

It looks like a real nice MH. Just make sure that 2 year extended warranty that is offered is totally transferable. And keep in mind that not all used MH's will have an extended warranty like they are offering on this one.

And again IMHO never buy a MH with slides without first seeing what it blocks when the "slides are all pulled in". I've seen horrors of not being able to get to the fridge, sink, bedroom closets and I've seen some you can't even access the bathroom with the slides in!!

If the price is within your budget, coach is clean, low mileage, everything works on it and you LIKE it?....Make an offer a little bit lower and see where it goes.

The offer isn't going to cost you anything.:C

New the MSRP was $95,000
http://www.rvguide.com/specs/jayco/class-c/2008/melbourne/29d.html

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always thought a motorhome with a regular style door was a C and the sliding door style was the B .

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
hotbyte wrote:
Nope. Class C just no overcab bunk. Being built on cut-away chassis, i.e. cab and chassis, vs a van body makes it a C.

I believe it would be marketed as a B+ but doesn't really matter as there doesn't appear to be any intent to deceive.

Probably so but technically still a class C.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely upside down and need to get out of a bad loan. My concerns would be the area from where it is coming from. Having lived in upstate New York and experienced their weather, even one trip on an icy road laden with salt starts the corrosion process.
Look at the date codes on the tires, tread life is determined by age, not how much is left. Cracks in the sidewalls and boom.
Compare this unit to others on the market, my guess is it is way overpriced. Tons of units out there. Take your time.
If financing this unit, take this information and talk to your bank,see what they will lend you AND your insurance agent, see what they will insure it for.
BTW, they call this a B+, I have a Cambria, no front bunk and I like it that way.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Melbourne 29D

Sounds overpriced to me also. Original owner probably paid somewhere in the $60,000s for it. NADA for what that's worth has the average retail around $44K, but they add on almost $10K for the low mileage :R.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like it also has the original tires on it, but they look like new.

The ad also says there is a lien on it, which could be an issue, depending on how much is owed on it.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
10 years old. price seems high to me.
bumpy

My first reaction too. Very clean and looks well maintained though. Still... 10 years old.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
10 years old. price seems high to me.
bumpy

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
hotbyte wrote:
Nope. Class C just no overcab bunk. Being built on cut-away chassis, i.e. cab and chassis, vs a van body makes it a C.

I believe it would be marketed as a B+ but doesn't really matter as there doesn't appear to be any intent to deceive.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the Clicky

I can't comment on the price but be aware it implies the tires are 10 years old
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857