cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokohama Tires?

CaptainNemo
Explorer
Explorer
It's time to put new tires on our Class A Diesel Pusher, so we're getting quotes. We've been quite happy with the Bridgestones that are currently on it, but we've been quoted a much lower price for Yokohamas that the tire shops rep thinks are just as good.

Has anyone had any experience with the Yokohama RY023 tire that you could share?
CaptainNemo
11 REPLIES 11

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
I've been running Bridgestone tires on our coach now for 17 years with zero problems and don't mind paying the extra $$$ for quality tires, as tires are the weakest link between your coach and the pavement

Good luck with your choice of replacement tires and safe travels.....
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall seeing any complaints about them.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most of the dump trucks in my area use them and I started to put them on the front of my “new ride” to replace the 4 year old cracking Michelin’s. Went with 315 Continental’s instead through the FMCA tire discount program. After 2K miles very happy and did not balance plus they were 6 weeks old...had been out of stock.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Bruce_Brown
When we had our last motorhome one of the Michelins, only a few months old, blew, not moving, while parked in our garage.

We replaced them all with Yokohamas. Better ride and they lasted as ling as we owned the MH.

Yeah, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
CaptainNemo wrote:
It's time to put new tires on our Class A Diesel Pusher, so we're getting quotes. We've been quite happy with the Bridgestones that are currently on it, but we've been quoted a much lower price for Yokohamas that the tire shops rep thinks are just as good.

Has anyone had any experience with the Yokohama RY023 tire that you could share?

CaptNemo,
Well, a very short story to help with your decision. Our coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT 330HP C-7, was originally outfitted with Michelin XRV 255 80R 22.5. Well, just like many on here that reported sidewall cracking, so did mine, WAAAAAAYYYYY before they should have ended their useful life. So, I was NOT going to buy another set of junk Michelins.
So, the search was on. Long story short, I ended up with some 265 75 22.5" RY 103 Yokohamas. The price, around $2,600 out the door, mounted and balanced for all 6. Waaaaaaaay better than the Michelins would have ran.
So, maybe not the same number you're thinking of, (RV-023) but, our RY-103s are doing just great now with around 4,000-5,000 miles on them. Couldn't be happier.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“Just don't get a Chinese one -- no matter how cheap.”

Any other racial/ethnic buying advice, RTC?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I have ran a set on my truck for years. Very happy with them.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I have 7500 miles on my RY023s. Great tire for a decent price. Just hget the coach weighed and set the pressure accordingly. I ran them at 125 until I got weighed and it was like the Flintstone mobile.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Excellent tire brand.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Japanese quality as usual. Just don't get a Chinese one -- no matter how cheap.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Great tire the reason for the lower price is the volume sold