cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dually valve extensions?

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
My Ram dually has factory valve extensions. They are plastic and difficult to my dually valve chuck on. I usually lose air until I finally get the air chuck on just right. I just bought Milton 4" extensions. Chrome plated brass, quite substantial. I haven't put them on yet.
I was wondering if they will mess up the tire balance. Any opinions or experiences?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive
35 REPLIES 35

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody found the angled chuck with different offset?
On new Ford the straight is too straight, the angled is too angled.
I already broke 1 straight chuck trying to give it slight angle.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
racer4 wrote:
TxGearhead,

Is your dual head air chuck the straight type?
Like the Milton S693 Dual Head Straight Foot Air Chuck.

Some are angled and some are straight. I needed the straight one to fit on my Ram dually inner wheel plastic valve extensions.

Straight, like the one on your Amazon link.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
....when I had duallies on motorhome, I put Crossfire equalizers on them ...The best of all Worlds.

...best of both worlds, LOL, until you have a flat tire, and both go flat in short order.

You cut the quote short, so no wonder you don't understand how it works.
1. crossfire has emergency flow shut-off valve
2. TPMS will sound the alarm with only few psi pressure drop.
Lot of time to pull over and take care about the business.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
....when I had duallies on motorhome, I put Crossfire equalizers on them ...The best of all Worlds.

...best of both worlds, LOL, until you have a flat tire, and both go flat in short order.
Bob

racer4
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead,

Is your dual head air chuck the straight type?
Like the Milton S693 Dual Head Straight Foot Air Chuck.

Some are angled and some are straight. I needed the straight one to fit on my Ram dually inner wheel plastic valve extensions.
Chris and Pat
2023 Ram 3500 Limited, Cummins, Aisin, dually, Auto Flex Rear Air Ride Suspension
2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
sonuvabug wrote:
Call Chuck or Sue Carvitto at the Tire-Man in CA. You don't want valve extensions ... you want extended valves. They have been doing this a long time and know their stuff. No relationship with them other than being a very happy customer.
http://tire-man.iwvisp.com/
Has Chuck the Tire Man gone out of business? I was unable to get through on any of the phone numbers listed on the website. So I sent an email. It was returned as undeliverable.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
What you are talking about?
Both TPMS and tire equalizers work on any type of wheel just fine.
Just last month my friend lost $250 tire becouse without TPMS by the time he noticed low pressure the cords were gone.
That 1 day before his vacations (with the car) on custom tire size, so the tire price was the lower stress.

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
I'm changing air pressure usually 2 times a month..

For such purpose I sure would buy tire equalizers.
Hard to beat the valve in front of your nose (when you are on your knees) and the automatic equalizing 2 tires with single shot.
You never said it, but do you have TPMS?
I know they are mandatory on cars for few years, but trucks can be exempt.

That way overpriced junk is for steel wheels only. Who doesn’t run aluminum Alcoas on their dually?!!
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

Beau_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't had any issues yet with using the plastic extension that came from the factory on my '16. This 14" dual foot chuck lets me get to the inside extension as well as easily airing up the outer tire valve.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PENKI8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016 EC 960; 2016 RAM 3500 DRW CTD; Superhitch w/42" Ext; 2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon w/16' carhauler

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
I'm changing air pressure usually 2 times a month..

For such purpose I sure would buy tire equalizers.
Hard to beat the valve in front of your nose (when you are on your knees) and the automatic equalizing 2 tires with single shot.
You never said it, but do you have TPMS?
I know they are mandatory on cars for few years, but trucks can be exempt.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is needed is a extended valve stem that will let you quickly check your tire pressure.

Extenders have a very bad habit of leaking and coming loose tearing out the valve stem and causing catastrophic tire loss. I have experienced this.

What you want is solid extended Valve Stems,The best on the market,that are the original,are Tire Man.

Chuck is the original designer of these an he has been around for years. If you have any questions just give him a call, he is always happy to help. Any others are just cheap reproductions of the original.

The kit looks like This it is for all 6 wheels,they also come with flow-thru valve caps so you don't even need to take then off to check the pressure.

Here is a list of all the products he sells.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
sonuvabug wrote:
Call Chuck or Sue Carvitto at the Tire-Man in CA. You don't want valve extensions ... you want extended valves. They have been doing this a long time and know their stuff. No relationship with them other than being a very happy customer.
http://tire-man.iwvisp.com/

I am another happy customer.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I'm changing air pressure usually 2 times a month. I'm still tweaking unloaded tire pressure for ride quality.
The OEM extensions were plastic and looked pretty cheap to me. The Milton extensions are chrome plated brass and fairly substantial. If I have an issue with these I'll check out the extended valves.
Thanks for the info...
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
As far as I understand
-valve extensions are add-on tubings or hoses that have independent valve on the end and keep the original valve open all the time. .
-extended valve is a sleeve with pin inside, that is pushing original valve, while not holding the pressure in it.
The 1st adds additional connection to the set up, what proved to be weak link.
I personally lost a tire when I used tire equalizer without TPMS.
The 2nd seem to be pretty reliable, but still additional gizmo.
I think we have the same issue with new duallies, where none of 2 chuck designs would fit directly, but since the tires need air less than once a year, I just use flat chuck that goes between the tires.
Some additional work, but once a year I can handle that.