cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Medallion Campground at Bristol Motor Speedway

Taking our 1st trip to B.M.S in a few weeks and will be staying at the Medallion. I have heard that SOME or all of the sites are not level side to side,or front to back..

Has anyone stayed there? I have googled searched and found a YouTube video but not sure if I will need some 2 x 10โ€™s just in case......
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
7 REPLIES 7

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
ACZL wrote:
I wasn't aware of the Med CG. If ya got Rez there, sounds like a good deal. Can always call the track to see if you can get any info out of them about the lot. Hope there is a very good crowd and good weather for ya. Hard to believe that prior to 2008, this track (nite race) was sold out 5 years in advance. IMO, since the redoing of track surface, i don't think the racing is as good as it used to be (1 groove) and oh my how tempers flared and cars got beat to smithereens. Martinsville is on my distant radar and I think we may hit up KY track next summer.

I did get the name of a guy who handles all the Medallion stuff and he answered my question about 30 minutes ago.

It's true about the crowds, ALL the races are down, heck Richmond went from a seating capacity of 130,000 (you could only get tix if you already had them ) to 65,000 and offering $25.00 promotions on the weeks leading up to race night.

I called BMS back in January asking about full hook up sites..They had this 1 site available.. the owner had to cancel the August race and contacted BMS asking if they could sell it for the weekend.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ACZL wrote:
I wasn't aware of the Med CG. If ya got Rez there, sounds like a good deal. Can always call the track to see if you can get any info out of them about the lot. Hope there is a very good crowd and good weather for ya. Hard to believe that prior to 2008, this track (nite race) was sold out 5 years in advance. IMO, since the redoing of track surface, i don't think the racing is as good as it used to be (1 groove) and oh my how tempers flared and cars got beat to smithereens. Martinsville is on my distant radar and I think we may hit up KY track next summer.

I did get the name of a guy who handles all the Medallion stuff and he answered my question about 30 minutes ago.

It's true about the crowds, ALL the races are down, heck Richmond went from a seating capacity of 130,000 (you could only get tix if you already had them ) to 65,000 and offering $25.00 promotions on the weeks leading up to race night.

I called BMS back in January asking about full hook up sites..They had this 1 site available.. the owner had to cancel the August race and contacted BMS asking if they could sell it for the weekend.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

amxpress wrote:
Where exactly is the Medallian CG located?

See my post above... ^^^^^^^^
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ACZL wrote:
FTG, we stayed at the drive in for spring '08 race. Had elect only. About 1/2-3/4 mile walk to track. Police shut down the road to traffic near end of race or end of race and the roadway become one HUGE walkway. IMO, forget driving to track to park (probly 20-40 bucks) and will take you probly 3 hours+ to get back to your RV.

We will be arriving on Thursday Morning, and not planning on driving anywhere till Sunday. I am under the assumption that the Medallion is less than a 1/2 mile from the track and is on BMS property next to the drag strip or close.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
FTG, we stayed at the drive in for spring '08 race. Had elect only. About 1/2-3/4 mile walk to track. Police shut down the road to traffic near end of race or end of race and the roadway become one HUGE walkway. IMO, forget driving to track to park (probly 20-40 bucks) and will take you probly 3 hours+ to get back to your RV.
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"Catin' in the Winter"

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Where exactly is the Medallian CG located?
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo