cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about Aerolite Travel Trailers

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does anyone have any experience / opinions about Aerolite campers ?? There is one for sale near me that would fill my needs and be a nice replacement for the one I have now. Anyone here ever have one ?

Does it have the rubber roof ? It looks in the pictures like it probably does.
8 REPLIES 8

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
drsteve wrote:
I agree, way overpriced. Around half of what they're asking would be a good starting point.

Book on that TT in my area is about 5000.But, book is always low locally as opposed to what they actually bring.

The asking price is seldom the eventual selling price. I know dealers always seem to list used units well above book value. Question is what they are really getting.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Canuck51
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, just joined today and was pleased to find a very recent post here that discusses the Aero as I just bought a used 1997 21RB this week. The main issue with it, and not a small one, is that the floor needs replacing and I have started removing the old flooring today. I paid $1800 CAN.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
drsteve wrote:
I agree, way overpriced. Around half of what they're asking would be a good starting point.

Book on that TT in my area is about 5000.But, book is always low locally as opposed to what they actually bring. But, They want 8000. I figure it is worth about 6000. At the most. I will watch it for awhile and see if it sells. I bet it will not move quickly. In a few weeks I will offer 6 cash out the door and see what they say.

It appears as though the fresh water tank is in the back. That is kinda a bummer if it is. I always carry my fresh water with me and I would rather have it up front then at the back.

That dealer is about 70 miles from me so I don't know when I can get the time off of work to go check it out anyway.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
welmack wrote:
We have a 2010 18ft Aerolite Zoom with tandem axles which we love. I really like the windows in the TT you are looking at. It should be airy with lots of light. The only thing I didn't care for was the front couch instead of a bed. If I were looking for a trailer I would closely inspect it and if it seemed good and solid, I would try to get the price down but I don't think the price is really that high. Our little Zoom is small but with just my wife and I we are cozy.

Thank you for your response. I am OK with the front couch as a bed. That is what my TT has now and it works for me.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

welmack
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2010 18ft Aerolite Zoom with tandem axles which we love. I really like the windows in the TT you are looking at. It should be airy with lots of light. The only thing I didn't care for was the front couch instead of a bed. If I were looking for a trailer I would closely inspect it and if it seemed good and solid, I would try to get the price down but I don't think the price is really that high. Our little Zoom is small but with just my wife and I we are cozy.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually, the one I'm looking at I will list below. In my opinion it is way, way, over priced. I know many of you like big TT's. The only reason I noticed this one is because it is what I like in a TT and it is close to my home.

http://gagscamperway.com/rv/used/60862-2-1998-Aerolite-Classic-21RB.htm

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The 174e model has 662 pounds for cargo which isnโ€™t much and Iโ€™m not an expandable fan...the 174e and two more. Other than those models, seem ok.

http://www.dutchmen.com/media/10692/2018-dutchmen-aerolite-and-astoria-brochure_lr.pdf
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad