cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Virginia Class C RVer Needs Solar

KatFer
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a used Coachmen Leprechan 318 a couple of months ago and plan to go full-time within a year. Plan on Boondocking as much as possible so I need full solar install. (Would really like to get lithium.). Iโ€™m in the Virginia Brach area and have not been able to locate an installer locally. Anybody know where I can get solar near me (or am I gonna have to wait until I get to Arizona?). Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double Post

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Harvey51 wrote:
One thing I really like about solar is that it works while driving so we always have 100% charged batteries upon arrival. And it works well enough in the campsite to maintain nearly that. We had quite a bit of shade last trip to a remote northern BC lake and electricity was no problem. We did fill the black tank and had to use outhouses for the last day.

It all depends on how much electricity you use.

We camped for 3 weeks on the west coast of Vancouver Island in among the big cedar trees and never had a problem with our solar keeping the batteries charged (according to the battery monitor).

I think the idea a lot of people have about solar harvest and shade is a bit over stated.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
One thing I really like about solar is that it works while driving so we always have 100% charged batteries upon arrival. And it works well enough in the campsite to maintain nearly that. We had quite a bit of shade last trip to a remote northern BC lake and electricity was no problem. We did fill the black tank and had to use outhouses for the last day.

It all depends on how much electricity you use.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
If Boondocking = trees then solar = waste of money. Trees vs. solar, solar always loses.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
If you install it yourself you will know how to fix it when something goes wrong.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed