cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWH slide will not retract

klparker
Explorer
Explorer
2001 Itasca Diesel, HWH slide and jacks. The large living room slide will extend, but frequently will not retract. Have to try several times for it to "catch" and retract. I can hear that it is running when I attempt, but I try not to keep it trying for too long. Second slide, bedroom, has failed to retract once. The fluid has been checked and appears to be OK level. Any ideas? Thanking you in advance.

KL Parker
8 REPLIES 8

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Glad to hear your slide issue is resolved!
2010 Suncruiser

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
With engine running, you are getting full voltage/amperage with the alternator charging. It appears your chassis/engine batteries are not providing the “oomph” with engine off. Low voltage/amperage protection devices are protecting your HWH hydraulic pump motor.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

klparker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advise. Tried to retract with engine running and it working properly. Have tried for the past several days and it is working with engine running. Thanks again.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IB853347201 wrote:
I already mentioned to you on the FMCA forum about the likely hood of this being a voltage issue. How old and in what condition are your coach batteries? Did you try running your MH engine while activating your slides? Did this make any difference? Would appreciate knowing,,,,,,,

ALWAYS extend and retract your jacks when you have a slide problem. IF the jacks function the power issue is not a concern. Doug

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
I already mentioned to you on the FMCA forum about the likely hood of this being a voltage issue. How old and in what condition are your coach batteries? Did you try running your MH engine while activating your slides? Did this make any difference? Would appreciate knowing,,,,,,,
2010 Suncruiser

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
I would say it was the switch inside. Try tapping it along to see if it works that way. If it does its probably the switch.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

falconman
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely a solenoid but could be a faulty switch or solenoid fuse. When pressing the switch check for power at the pump AND at the appropriate solenoid. If no power, check inline fuse. If there is power then solenoid needs replacing. You have two for each slide, one extend and one for retract. You can get them from HWH for about $100 but there are two different sizes (diameters). Pretty easy to replace.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Fluid level will not cause this problem
2. If the pump runs but the Slide does not move, the odds are one of the Retract/Extend solenoids is failing. Doug