cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMSpc Help

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
I have installed a VMSpc system running on an HP laptop. Everything works great with the exception of the Histogram.

All the lines/traces just stay on the bottom and show no movement, even though a normal gauge shows that there is a value. Anyone run into this?? And have a solution?

Also, I have been trying to register on the Silverleaf forum for a while, but the Captcha does not work so I can't register.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website
6 REPLIES 6

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
I don't find the histogram function provides vey much resolution at all because the software automatically sets the scale. If you look at the gallery of installations on the VMSPc website and scroll down then you will see several examples of others who have setup the histogram function. I just don't see very much variation in those traces or ones I have played with on my setup.

You might try one value only such as RPM because it does vary a bit and see if you get a response on the software.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

phays
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried dropping back to an earlier version of VMSpc. I can't make any of the 4.x versions run properly on my set up. I've checked the VMSpc forum on the Silverleaf website and it appears that they are using their customers as beta testers for their newer versions.

I'm running 2.5 and all works well. I would really like to run a 4.x version for the new screen layout but I need all of the gages I want to use to work. No luck with 4.x.

pete
2000 40' Country Coach Magna w/ CAT C-10

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
67Cutlass wrote:
bjbear wrote:
I have installed a VMSpc system running on an HP laptop. Everything works great with the exception of the Histogram.

All the lines/traces just stay on the bottom and show no movement, even though a normal gauge shows that there is a value. Anyone run into this?? And have a solution?

Also, I have been trying to register on the Silverleaf forum for a while, but the Captcha does not work so I can't register.

Are you using the latest version v4.0.8?

If not, maybe the newer version will fix your problem?

Yes, I have upgraded to 4.0.8 but it did not correct the problem. I have also talked to Silverleaf directly but they did not have any ideas. It is now posted on their forum which apparently is how you let the developer know about the issue. No idea if it will get corrected at some point.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
bjbear wrote:

Are you using the latest version v4.0.8?

If not, maybe the newer version will fix your problem?
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Silverleaf provides phone support for free.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
A histogram shows history. How much history does it need before it shows
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie