cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How good is the Wayfarer?

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a new Class C. I like the diesel Wayfarer and the Navion. Which is the best?
Big Bird 2
7 REPLIES 7

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which is the best?

The one that doesn't leak is the best.

The most important thing , pick the floorplan that suits you. You need to be comfortable and the bed ( 8 hrs a day) needs to be comfortable. The bathroom ( 1 hr a day of use) can get a little less attention but needs to be big enough to get the job done but at the same time doesn't need to take up 50% of the rv's interior space.

Expect to make some repairs and tweaks throughout your time together no matter what rv you buy.
A good rv mechanic can fine tune any rv . That's the best key, to the best brand.

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
We too are looking at both of these and have noted the low OCCC. The more amenities, etc that you add to these, you loose on the cargo capacity. For two people that are not full timing, I think we would be OK with the #1275 I saw on a Navion. Not sure we could do it with the 994# limit I saw on the Tiffin.
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago claims to have a higher payload by using lighter materials. If you compare the fit and finish of a Winnie to a Tiffen it is like a Chevy to a Caddy. Here is a good "user" video on the Wayfarer that covers payload.

https://familyrvingmag.com/2017/10/01/tiffin-wayfarer/

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
rvsolutions wrote:
Very low payload on the Wayfarer, almost impossible not to overload

I noticed that. Thanks for pointing this out. We are not going to be full timing, but this is one of our concerns. I have been trying to figure out just how much we could carry. We have been weighing things and adding them up as we decide what we might want to take with us. We never roll with a full tank of water, so we do consider that in what we will be able to haul.

We are interested in the twin bed model. How much weight if any would be saved without the queen bed slide?
2017 Coachmen Galleria

rvsolutions
Explorer
Explorer
Very low payload on the Wayfarer, almost impossible not to overload
Don & Kathy Irvine

2013 Winnebago Via R,
2010 CRV Behind,
Lexie the Westie in charge!
FMCA 119467

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Many of us aren't going to know a Wayfarer Class C from an in-motion satellite TV system or something else. Here's a link to Wayfarer by Tiffin

Only "Avion" I could find was a Class B called Avion Azur and that makes it a different animal from the Tiffin Wayfarer.

I wonder if somebody bought the name "Avion" which used to be in the Airstream Trailer family. Like so many resurrected big time old time names, like Packard Bell, Bell & Howell, etc. the new product has no relation to the product that gave the value to its name.

The TIFFIN name, however, is a name at the very top of the RV industry. They design well, build very well, and customer support is outstanding. I tried to find specs that addressed the carrying capacity of the Wayfarer and could not. As with any RV, make sure it'll carry you and your crew, plus whatever you bring on trips.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at that one too. Saw a video on YouTube and liked what I saw. We are considering the Galleria, and Pleasureway, but I like the roomier living area in the Wayfarer.

If you get one, let me know. We need twin beds and this is one of the few that have a good floor plan.
2017 Coachmen Galleria