cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freightliner Recall

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Got a recall notice on a steering hose issue on my Freightliner chassis. Called the local dealer, made the appointment and went yesterday. Not too far away but it still requires probably $30 is fuel and about 3 hours of my time. The dealer checked the issue and said yep, you need the clamps which is the issue of the recall.....uh, we don't have any in stock so we will order them and you can come back so we can put them on...!! Come on now!! Really !!

Just a suggestion, if any others get the recall, be sure the dealer has the stuff to fix it on the first trip...
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
6 REPLIES 6

mmorgan
Explorer
Explorer
My 2015 discovery 40 X was inspected by the local freightliner dealer and I was told I did not need the repair.....odd how some need it and some donโ€™t???

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Followup, they didn't have the parts, and now I have to make a return trip to have this completed. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
My FL appointment is Saturday for the PS Recall, and when I made the appointment over the phone earlier this week, they checked my VIN and said they would order the parts to be there earlier than Saturday's appointment.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
I had my FL safety recall FL762-A (power steering hose routing) done a couple weeks ago. I called ahead & was told if after inspecting I needed a new hose they don't carry & is on critical back order. However most only need an inspection and a bracket & they do have the brackets. I rolled the dice & all I needed was the bracket.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Most dealers carry very little stock like that. How it works. I worked for a Freightliner dealer for 30 years. They can get them overnighted, but you'll pay for the shipping.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There is a difference between a RECALL(mandatory repair) and a TSB(technical service bulletin). ALWAYS call the facility if you get a RECALL to determine what you need to be aware of. For instance, Jayco RECALL's, require us to verify the unit is indeed under the recall and then we have to order the Recall kit per the VIN number. Jayco will not allow dealers to stock RECALL parts. They do this, to keep track of the units that are recalled. Other Chassis and OEM's may have similar policy's. Also, usually, Customers get the recall letters before the Service Centers, and we are caught off guard when customer call wanting to get the recall done. It usually takes 3 to 7 days for a Service Center to receive their recall info after the customer letters went out. AND, some recalls, the OEM may not have the parts available at the time the letter went out. They may have to have them made. So try to find out if the Service Center has the parts available when you call them. Doug