cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Chevy 2500 HD gas

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered a new 2018 gas 2500 HD Chevy aalmost 2 months ago. I was a told it was supposed to be ready this week. Now I found out they won’t build it until 6/16 and it will be a 2019 instead of 2018. Don’t even get me started on the conversation I had with the dealer about I’m not paying anymore and I also just lost the $2500 rebate on the 18’s. That talk wouldn’t make with through the moderators.lol Anyhow I cant even find any info about the 19’s. Anybody have any thoughts?
27 REPLIES 27

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
I woud check into that finance deal incentive. I got 1k off my ford for financing with ford for what ever the amount was. I then paid of the loan. Walla, money i the pocket.

Yep.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I woud check into that finance deal incentive. I got 1k off my ford for financing with ford for what ever the amount was. I then paid off the loan. Walla, money in the pocket.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
drsteve wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Every incentive or rebate offer I have ever seen from any of the big 3 is clearly listed in the fine print as available on "in dealer stock units only".

I once questioned a salesman about that detail and was told that any vehicle sold at retail (as opposed to fleet sales) whether special ordered or off the lot, passes through dealer stock before it gets to the buyer.

This provision keeps them from having to give rebates to Hertz, etc. on top of the negotiated price.

Both of the Ford trucks that I have bought new were special ordered and got all of the factory promotions in effect.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

However if you're limiting yourself, like CharlieD, to the local yokel dealer and think driving 30mi is too far then you're pretty much reaping what you sow.

Not limiting myself. I will travel and deal anywhere BUT I do not want to take or tow a vehicle to a dealer in another town, leave it for several days, when I can take a vehicle to a home town for service regardless where I bought.

OP. Couldn't deal with my hometown dealer although I had bought 2 vehicles from them. Went to another dealer and received the $2500. incentive to finance. I have now paid the truck off with no issues. If you do an amortization check you will find that even with the $2500 incentive you may pay in the $4,000 range on charges with 50% financed. Interest rate was above 4% with GM.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
I just downloaded the owner manual and this is what it says.

6.4L Engine
Do not use E-85 flex fuel or ethanol blends greater than
15% in this engine.
This engines is designed to meet all
emissions regulations and provide satisfactory
fuel economy and performance
when using high quality unleaded gasoline
having a posted octane number
range of 87 to 89 as specified by the
(R+M)/2 method. The use of 89 octane
“Plus” gasoline is recommended for optimum performance
and fuel economy.
While operating on gasoline with an octane number of 87,
hearing a light knocking sound from the engine is not a
cause for concern. However, if the engine is heard making
a heavy knocking sound, see your dealer immediately. Use
of gasoline with an octane number lower than 87 can cause
engine failure and may void or not be covered by the New
Vehicle Limited Warranty.

I guess the salesman did not know his product.

Waunacamper
Explorer
Explorer
ib516 wrote:
azwildcat wrote:
I am in the same situation as Charlie D. Can't find a Chev or Ford locally that is even close to what I am looking for. I did find one on the dark side that was very close to my criteria. It was a 45 min drive but was I surprised. The Ram Laramie is a very nice truck. Took it for a drive and was very impressed. The one draw back that I noted was that the 6.4 requires high test gas. The extra 50 cents per gal would add up in a hurry. Sure was tempting.

That must have changed since I bought my 6.4L Hemi in 2014. It didn't need 89 Octane according to the manual that came with it, 87 was fine.

The 6.4 in the Ram has never required 89 or higher octane. I have tried it and noticed no difference at all.
2017 ORV Timber Ridge 27BHS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.4/4.10)

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Every incentive or rebate offer I have ever seen from any of the big 3 is clearly listed in the fine print as available on "in dealer stock units only".

I once questioned a salesman about that detail and was told that any vehicle sold at retail (as opposed to fleet sales) whether special ordered or off the lot, passes through dealer stock before it gets to the buyer.

This provision keeps them from having to give rebates to Hertz, etc. on top of the negotiated price.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ib516
Explorer
Explorer
azwildcat wrote:
I am in the same situation as Charlie D. Can't find a Chev or Ford locally that is even close to what I am looking for. I did find one on the dark side that was very close to my criteria. It was a 45 min drive but was I surprised. The Ram Laramie is a very nice truck. Took it for a drive and was very impressed. The one draw back that I noted was that the 6.4 requires high test gas. The extra 50 cents per gal would add up in a hurry. Sure was tempting.

That must have changed since I bought my 6.4L Hemi in 2014. It didn't need 89 Octane according to the manual that came with it, 87 was fine.
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
Well we just flipped over to the 2019's as of yesterday. As long as we can keep axles coming in, we should be running fine.

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
Living in the NYC area, I couldn’t find ANYTHING that even sorta resembled what I want. No need for I high country and definitely don’t want a work truck, So after exhaustive looking decided to order, That’s where the fun and games started.

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
OP, Dealer is doing its job and working somewhere between the fine print in the sales contract and jerking you around. Rebates are typically a c rap shoot as they're applicable at delivery, BUT, a dealer will exploit anything they can to get a few extra buck out of you.
However if you're limiting yourself, like CharlieD, to the local yokel dealer and think driving 30mi is too far then you're pretty much reaping what you sow.
Or you could find a volume dealer with bottom line pricing, go pick out a truck, know what color and options and OTD price it is before you ever get up off the couch and not deal with the car dealer hunger games!
After 30 years almost with a drivers license in my pocket I've bought 2 brand new cars. One was a haggle/trade/upgrade/finance goat rope that I would have walked from, but their lack of knowledge and my acute need for a new truck on a tight schedule actually worked out to be a very good deal.
The other was a leftover 2016, last Christmas, already marked down to what I was willing to pay (begrudgingly of course, lol) and only resulted in about 5min of attempted shenanigans by the salesman and a few feeble up sell attempts by the "contracts" guy. That one was pretty painless, but it was a cash deal and I had them on the clock or they would have still had that car sitting on their lot Xmas morning rather than in my garage!

Life's too short to get manhandled by car dealers!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
At my age a new 2500 would be last large vehicle so 2018 or 2019 would be it. Difficult to find anything local that are not either Chevy WT or fully loaded Z71 LTZ or High Country 4x4. Not really wanting that. More like a slightly upgraded LT. A few LT without sprayed bed liner or new hitch pucks. Same with Ford. They are stripped with vinyl flooring and can be had for slightly above $50,000 or Lariat's at $73,000+. I have not found Ford to be better priced, I also have the GM card with nearly $3,000 on it for rebate. Kinda locks me into to them but I have always preferred the Chevy anyway.
These are home town dealers and dealers 30 miles away-Beaumont Texas- have almost no supply. Example, Classic Chevrolet in Beaumont has 1 2500 on the lot. Both Ford and Chevy inventory range from $50,000 to $73,000 with almost nothing in between, The home town dealer I bought the current truck from brought it in from Ft. Worth and about 350 miles.

Considered going to the dark side and look at Ram but nearest dealer is 30 miles away and IF there is an issue I am not willing to have to do with service that far away.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
I have now found a couple of things on line and the 1500’s are new this year but the 2500’s wont be changed tilll 2020. I guess I’ll be getting one of the first 2019’s delivered. Now the wait!!!!