cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blew off decals with stroker engine.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Now I need to figure out how to use my new spray gun.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson
59 REPLIES 59

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Ava wrote:
Looks good! You can see another 94 Bounder on my profile. The kangaroos are gone as well as original stripes. New ones are painted on and the bottom half has also been painted. When you are ready for more work, paint away the dated bottom color as well.

Nice!

I know the old Bounders are not the most attractive art form but I like keeping mine dated and clean.

Real Bounders are brown
Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
That is REALLY NICE!!

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good! You can see another 94 Bounder on my profile. The kangaroos are gone as well as original stripes. New ones are painted on and the bottom half has also been painted. When you are ready for more work, paint away the dated bottom color as well.

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice job! Thanks for sharing

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
badsix wrote:
Another tip from and old auto restorer and painter. use fine line tape it comes in 1/16 on up for making sharp corners. 3/16 works good then tape out from there. the fine line will leave a nice kleen crisp paint edge. available at any auto body jobber.
Jay D.

Thanks Jay D,

I went to a local paint shop. I told them I knew nothing and needed their guidance and products to do the job. They sold me 1/8" vinyl tape for the tight radius. It worked as you indicated.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
Another tip from and old auto restorer and painter. use fine line tape it comes in 1/16 on up for making sharp corners. 3/16 works good then tape out from there. the fine line will leave a nice kleen crisp paint edge. available at any auto body jobber.
Jay D.

bacall
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Awesome job. May your travels reward your hard work. And late to the game, but heat helps remove almost anything (from caulk to decals to road grim, etc.) Heat as in hair dryer not heat gun:)

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
WILDEBILL308 wrote:
That looks good. Now take it for a trip.
Bill

Good idea!

We'll head to Branson on 9/6/18 for a long weekend and then on to Naples, FL for our Granddaughter's wedding. That should keep us on the road for a month.

Does that work for you, or shall we plan more? GRIN.......

You're not that far from Branson, come join us for our monthly rally.
See rally schedule on web site listed below.
FMCA Midwest Prairie Schooners

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
That looks good. Now take it for a trip.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Good thing I allowed 90 days for this paint project. Between the rain and life's other obligations, I'm just winding this project down.
I still have to apply the reflective tape, do a final clean up and wipe on the RMP. The gel coat is completely gone from the front cap, sides and rear.

The wife and I have been semi-living in the MH for the last 10 days, as our sticks & bricks bathroom is being remodeled. Have to allow for those bladder calls during the day & night.

This will be my last post on this project.

Safe travels
Richard

Click For Full-Size Image.
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The gray is done and most of the taping is done for the red.
Hopefully I'll get to shoot some red tomorrow.
As the project winds down, I'm beginning to hate tape, paint, ladders, paint guns and all the other associated items used on this project.
It was fun on both ends and demanding on the drivers side but this last side has became more difficult every day.
I don't think I'd approach a project like this again, for at least 3 or 4 days. I'm a slow learner. GRIN

Click For Full-Size Image.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I got some gray laid down today.
Learned another hard lesson. Don't buy HF $10.00 paint gun. I purchase it because it has a 20oz cup.
Couldn't get it to spray a pattern no matter what I did. It just blew out globs of paint.
I will be better served by giving it to some one I don't like. GRIN
So it's back to my 5oz cup gun, from the paint shop.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Weather man lied. Hot and sunny today.
I got most of the paper on today.
Still have the door and a lot of detailing to do.
I can't imagine not having a full service RV pad beside the garage,
so I can go putter with the MH any time I want.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Dave5143 wrote:
How do you manage to keep the tape lines so straight and even? If I tried to do this the lines would wander all over the place and the thickness would vary.
Nice work.

The old vinyl leaves ghosting on the fiberglass. I follow the old lines and some times I draw pencil lines. If you look closely on the front of the side, you can see the white ghosting above the tape. It's still a rookie 30/30 job. From 30 feet at 30 MPH it looks great.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson