cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor plumbed in gas grill help

Adirondack07
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone I'm new here so bare with me. I have a 2007 Adirondack tt and I have a outside gas line for my grill. A couple days ago we got a new grill and fired it up for the first burn. Later on the connection was corroded so we took it off and cleaned it 100% and put it back on. We are camping now and all other gas appliances are working but the outside grill is not getting gas even after taking the connection off so it's just the open gas line it won't flow but all others do. The weird part is that the main gas line has a bunch of t fittings going to everything else and 1 being the grill there is no shutoff in this area. Help
7 REPLIES 7

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Griz14 wrote:
Yeah you are right...I was thinking I was replying to the original person. Sorry about that. :S

No problem, have a nice day.:)
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah you are right...I was thinking I was replying to the original person. Sorry about that. :S

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Griz14 wrote:
Adirondack07 wrote:
Ok so under the camper there is a valve that you plug the hose into. Well come to find out the connector was taken off for some time during cleaning and I think I just got the dirt out of the end so maybe there is something deeper in the line I'll try with some stuff wire down the gas line

Do not use the hose that is sitting on the table next to your BBQ with the line coming from the trailer. You probably wouldn't have enough pressure with 2 regulators in line. Your line to the trailer connector should not have a regulator on it.

Isn't that a shut off above the trailer connector?

If you are talking to me about the photos, the gas pressure at that tap is very low (measured in inches of water column, not PSI). The line pressure coming from the regulator on top of the propane tanks is regulated down to this pressure for the refrigerator, stove, and furnace. I have used this hose for 4 years. It was made for this low pressure purpose. Works great. Yes there is a shut off valve on my trailer. You may have gotten me confused with Adironack07's problem.

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
Adirondack07 wrote:
Ok so under the camper there is a valve that you plug the hose into. Well come to find out the connector was taken off for some time during cleaning and I think I just got the dirt out of the end so maybe there is something deeper in the line I'll try with some stuff wire down the gas line

Do not use the hose that is sitting on the table next to your BBQ with the line coming from the trailer. You probably wouldn't have enough pressure with 2 regulators in line. Your line to the trailer connector should not have a regulator on it.

Isn't that a shut off above the trailer connector?

Adirondack07
Explorer
Explorer

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Adirondack07 wrote:
Hello everyone I'm new here so bare with me. I have a 2007 Adirondack tt and I have a outside gas line for my grill. A couple days ago we got a new grill and fired it up for the first burn. Later on the connection was corroded so we took it off and cleaned it 100% and put it back on. We are camping now and all other gas appliances are working but the outside grill is not getting gas even after taking the connection off so it's just the open gas line it won't flow but all others do. The weird part is that the main gas line has a bunch of t fittings going to everything else and 1 being the grill there is no shutoff in this area. Help

I'm a little confused so I have a few questions. Was this first burn on your grill from a gas bottle or a line hooked to the camper? I take it you cleaned the connection on the camper, right? I sure hope you don't have the propane turned on with an open gas line. Very unsafe. As mentioned above you can not have a pressure regulator in the grill because the regulator on your camper provides low pressure gas to your appliances. The internal regulator in your grill must be removed for it to work on the camper supply. My Nexgrill came with an external regulator which was easy to remove. I also can't imagine a propane tap without a valve.

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
2 questions... 1. You are saying there is no shut-off on the connector to the grill? I have never seen that if it doesn't. 2. Does your BBQ have a regulator? If so, it might not work correctly because your trailer already has one.