cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 Newmar ventana LE 3634

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to move from a Tiffin FRED to a 2012 Newmar Ventana LE.

I get that the Ventana LE has the small engine (6.7L) and the rear radiator. 2012 does not have Comfort Drive, which I really wish it did have!

Can anybody tell me anything good or bad about the Newmar? I am one that loves the Tiffin support.

And if anybody knows anybody who wants a smoking deal on a 2008 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35QBA FRED chassis (bunk house), have them get in touch with me. I will soon be trading it in.

Thanks.
Jim and Deanna

2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA FRED
2007 Carson Trailer 22' Titan TH
Trailer Toad
Me, Wife, Boy/22, Boy/19, Girl/17
1985 Toyota 4Runner
TWO quads, THREE kids, TWO motorcycles, ONE wife, TWO dogs, ONE cat, TWO Polaris RZR's
5 REPLIES 5

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think everybody has their preference on power. Some don't like to feel the weight of the coach, some don't mind. Go with whatever drives the best for you.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 3434 Ventana LE and love it. I particularly like the engine and transmission combination. The 2500 tranny is the smoothest Allison we have ever had.

And granted, if you look at the GVWR and the CCWR, it doesn't look like there is much towing capacity. What is not apparent at first glance on our motorhome however is that the GVWR for the motorhome alone is about 3000 pounds heavier than any other coach we have seen in that size range. Because of this, when we are towing our 2018 Corolla, the combined weight of the car and the loaded motorhome is approximately 1000 pounds LESS than the GVWR for the motorhome alone. I like that!!

Ed Headington

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
I would stay away from the 6.7L option.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
How much are you planning to tow? The LE uses the Allison 2500 and is limited in GCVWR. You will find all the brochures for previous years on the Newmar website, including all the specifications.

We would be driving an LE today but for the transmission. We elected to get the regular Ventana with the 3000 Allison because we tow heavy.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
In general, I have had good results when Iโ€™ve called Newmar with questions or needs. Mine is of course not a DP but so far I have been pleased with my purchase. The fit and finish is far better that the other brands I looked at.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT