cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some help with Reserve America???

Shipper
Explorer
Explorer
For years I've been at my computer at 8AM EST to try to get a Florida State park site when first available 11 months in advance. Sometimes I got one, most times I didn't. I always felt that I was not quick enough when I didn't get one, but now I wonder if I even had a chance.

I have some friends that saw an ad guaranteeing sites for a price. On the first available day (after telling the contact which sites they wanted), they had three computers working at seconds before the 8AM deadline with no success. The contact notified them that he had both sites available and upon sending his fee ($20 a day) and the regular Reserve America fee they would have the sites. They paid and got an email from Reserve America that the sites were reserved for them.

The only way that I can understand that this would work is that the contact has an assistant in Reserve America that locked the sites before they would have been available or has technology not available to the average person. I don't believe that the State of Florida would promote such an arrangement; but, then again, I have no idea how long this service has been available. Of course this could be on the up and up and my comments would be meaningless. Any thoughts?

"I'm not insensitive, It's probably that I just don't care!"

14 REPLIES 14

dedmiston
MOD'S EXPLANATION:

A member (not bucky) explained how he cheats the reservation system and the responses were as angry as one would expect.

Sorry for the drama and the deleted posts. Time to close this thread.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have 7 weeks reserved in FL state parks for Jan and Feb 2019. They aren't in the keys, but they will be warmer than NC :).
I will have to move around some but only one stay is shorter than 10 days.
My trick is to identify the clock error on RA's site and then use an atomic clock app to pinpoint the offset. I got beat a few times but usually got what I wanted.
It really is more trouble than it's worth. A lot of inland commercial parks are cheaper if you don't need to be on the beach.
I see a condo in our future, I get tired of totes quick.
To the original poster, I'm thinking that it is an inside job at RA. I'm noticing that a lot of states do their own or are leaving RA to start doing their own.
Puma 30RKSS

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
RTCastillo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Since Florida isn't the only state with parks that can be difficult to book on ReserveAmerica, I really don't think it's a state specific issue. Popular parks in NY and other RA states can be just as hard to get into.

Maybe we collective can sign a petition to National Park Service Director to look into this.

Our national parks should not be the source of profit the prejudice of the other park users.

The talk is about state parks; not national parks.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Since Florida isn't the only state with parks that can be difficult to book on ReserveAmerica, I really don't think it's a state specific issue. Popular parks in NY and other RA states can be just as hard to get into.

Maybe we collective can sign a petition to National Park Service Director to look into this.

Our national parks should not be the source of profit the prejudice of the other park users.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Contact the Florida DNR directly and see what they have to say about it.
Aye - that sounds like something below board going on there

Report them it is illegal in Florida to do that. I have reported this type of activity before. The state will investigate it.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Aye - that sounds like something below board going on there
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
maddog348 wrote:
I have only had a few Nat.Park check in kiosk employees actually check to confirm that I was the same ME as the name on the reservation. I wish more did that. I THINK THEY ALL SHOULD.

TakeCare ~ DriveSafe ~ HaveFun. YMMV JM2ยข

Yosemite campgrounds do and everything else that needs to be verified (pass, entrance fee payment, etc.) And then rangers go into rounds if you check-in in the evening when there entrance kiosk was already unmanned.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I know of a way to get a reservation early, but if I give out the info on how to do it then it wouldn't work for me. Sorry!

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
I have only had a few Nat.Park check in kiosk employees actually check to confirm that I was the same ME as the name on the reservation. I wish more did that. I THINK THEY ALL SHOULD.

TakeCare ~ DriveSafe ~ HaveFun. YMMV JM2ยข

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
States would have to get into blocking mass buyers of spaces, tracking them by email addys or maybe even CC numbers. I doubt most would be willing to go out of their way to stop this though since they are getting paid.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
I will also be interested to get an answer as I know public lands, state and national park reservations are non transferable and having the sites blocks for business-profit purposes is not in line with our country's principles of equal treatment.

Of course, unless we are already into "corporations are people too" system, lol.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
That stinks.

Reminds me of buying concert or other venue tickets. The general public doesn't stand a chance agains places like ticketmaster and others, then is forced to pay nearly double the face value of a ticket due to "convenience" fees.