cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Fresh water drain valve

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my fresh water drain valve some years ago and it was difficult because the water tank is under our sofa and the interior part of the valve was hard to reach. Long story short apparently I didn't do a good job because I've discovered it's been leaking slowly and now I have to replace flooring, carpet, and one floor joist. Anyway, the valve has always drained extremely slow. It's one of those ridge flanged 3/8" valves. Can anyone recommend a better solution? I've now of course removed the sofa and the freshwater tank so it's all easy to get to.

Thanks!
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.
4 REPLIES 4

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced mine - it's watertight but it's likely slow like your old one. Found the fitting at big box store. I never minded whether it's slow - only empty the tank when I winterize and that's not often enough to matter. I suppose you can always run your water pump and transfer the FW to gray water tank if you need to empty it quicker.
Kevin

bartlettj
Explorer
Explorer
If your drain piping is 1/2" PEX like mine,1/2" 1/4 turn washing machine stop valves are what I used. They drain nice and fast and also have a normal garden hose thread on them.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Got a picture?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what valve you have but I'd take a trip to Home Depot.