cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking to buy used Diesel Pusher

DouglasBriggs
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at used pushers. Has anybody had any experience with Mandalay Presidio. It is a 2006 39B.
4 REPLIES 4

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
DouglasBriggs wrote:
We are looking at used pushers. Has anybody had any experience with Mandalay Presidio. It is a 2006 39B.

Smitty has it right, but you'll have to go back a ways further to get some real quality in the same price range and possibly to meet your budget, at the same time. This I would do, as well, if it were me and the more I read and study, I'm sure glad we made the choice we did for our budget and don't know how or where, we could have done better on the buck.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
They were built to meet a certain MSRP point.

Understanding that going in. You should see some of the compromises on components, chosen materials, workmanship.

That being said - not a bad thing. As long as you're aware of where the fit in the pecking order - and thus validate appropriately priced.

(IMO - Dealer really like the entry to mid level coaches (Gas & DP). On trade in, they beat the owner's down more then they should on trade in value. And on resell, to those who are not aware - they maximize the profit on resell. JUST MY OPINION).

Me? I always suggest research to determine the upper mid, lower high end, and high end models of a manufacturer. Look them over for specifically what is important to you as a buyer. Come up with a short list of manufactures and coaches that meet your needs - then start shopping. Do not be afraid to drop years, to remain within budget, while still achieving a higher quality coach. IMO. A higher quarter 6-10 year old coach, will retain value at say age 11 to 16 at a much higher ROI. Vs a newer lower to mid level coach, in that same 5-6 year age. Quality lasts. Buying a higher end coach with a 'good foundation', that layout wise meets your needs, and then tossing $5, 10, 15K into customizing and refeshing the interior to what 'you want' - will yield higher dividends in smiles down the road...

Opinions vary on this view point:)!

OP - Unless it is a real bargain, and you know what you are buying at time of 'used' purchase - keep researching and shopping.

Best to you, and all,
Smitty

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at a few Mandalays but weren't impressed with the build quality.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
find out what engine is in it and tranny then ask about them.