cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveling my HR Endeaver.

Whitty
Explorer
Explorer
Are you suppose to have the slides out and airbags deflated to level motorhome. I never did it with my revolution but manual says this is how to do it on my Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Please help. If you have an Endeavor 43 ft. Thanks

Did you see "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to "posting" issues with Open Roads Forum sites, member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, visit the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

11 REPLIES 11

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad I didn't post this question as I'd still be scratching my head. 🙂 My manual says extend slides at ride height and then level. OP didn't state whether he has jacks or air leveling so that would help. Regardless, mine is air leveling and Monaco techs, (while they were still Monaco) said with air leveling, it really doesn't matter. The manual was written to pertain to "most" coaches. (slap head here). Anyway, to the OP - use common sense. If you're really unlevel, extend the slides, then level. If not, it probably doesn't matter. Twisting your frame while extending the slides may break your windshield, so use caution. Common sense says if you level, (using JACKS, not air)then extend the slides, there's little room for error in compensating for the extra weight extending from the sides of your coach.... Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
When Monaco manufactured HR the procedure you state is correct. Before Monaco purchased HR and after they went belly up the procedure was different.

When all else fails RTFM as in read the factory manual as it is written for a reason!!!
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
DSDP Don wrote:
You don't say what year your coach is. As stated, if it's older than a 2013 model on a Roadmaster 8 airbag chassis, Monaco had it's own specific procedure.

Extend the slides while the coach was in the ride height position (bags aired up) and the frame was straight. This is how the slides were installed at the factory, the bags were aired up and the chassis was sitting in its normal ride position. Dump the air and then extend the three jacks. If you have a manual jack system, you extend the two rears first and then the front. Once all are in contact, correct the side to side to make it level.

Not completely correct. Older Monaco used RVA Jacks/HWH/Powergear. ONLY RVA did not dump when Auto leveling. HWH Auto jacks will always dump the air FIRST. Depending on the model Powergear determines when it dumps the air. But, as I stated NOT dumping the air before leveling is counterproductive. As to extend or retract slides, I have NEVER in 20 years of working on ANY brand motorhome and we sold Monaco(Roadmaster) until 2008, had any problem with extending slide rooms with jacks retracted OR extended. As long as you are not on a site that is twisted and obviously not safely level, you will have no problem with your slides, jacks retracted or extended. Not all Monaco's had 3 point leveling. HWH is ALL 4 point. Powergear makes Both and RVA was all 3 point. Doug

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
You don't say what year your coach is. As stated, if it's older than a 2013 model on a Roadmaster 8 airbag chassis, Monaco had it's own specific procedure.

Extend the slides while the coach was in the ride height position (bags aired up) and the frame was straight. This is how the slides were installed at the factory, the bags were aired up and the chassis was sitting in its normal ride position. Dump the air and then extend the three jacks. If you have a manual jack system, you extend the two rears first and then the front. Once all are in contact, correct the side to side to make it level.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Regardless of what the OEM states of extending SLIDES or not before leveling, YOU ALWAYS DEFLATE THE AIR BAGS FIRST. It is counterproductive to level with the air bags inflated. You also LOSE about 4 inches of leveling stroke, if you do not deflate first. If you do not deflate before leveling(NON air leveling systems), the bags WILL deflate once the jacks hit the ground and start to raise the RV. BUT, you have lost that extra 4 inches of stroke you may need depending on how much stroke the jacks will need to get level. Doug

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
What year is the Endeavor?...If it is on the old Roadmaster chassis then it is slides out first and dump then level..this is up to 2013...then when REV purchased them, it is on a freightliner chassis and it is level then slides out.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Both the levelers and the room extenders on our rig are by HWH and specify level first, extend second.

I'm a Newby to this form of leveling and so I just followed the manufacturers instructions. By the way our rig is a Winnie and they do not have their own written instructions for power leveling, just wooden block leveling.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I suppose it depends upon how MUCH out of level the coach is before deploying anything? If the coach is REALLY out of level, like a steep hill, and the jacks have to actually lift the tires up, what stress does this put on the frame and if the frame is stressed, what stress does that put on the slide out? Will they still deploy if the frame is twisted? I don't know, I'm just asking questions?

Try it both ways, see what works and what doesn't. Or ... follow the manual.

Sgt472
Explorer
Explorer
I had to call HR because the manual is not clear. They advised on mine(2016) to lower suspension, deploy jacks and level coach than put slides out.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Go with the manual

NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
real men don't read directions. get third party advice from some forum.
bumpy

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the manual
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE