cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Only four shows/movies featuring RVs?

RedJeep
Explorer
Explorer
Are there really only four shows/movies featuring RVs? The only ones I could think of:
  • Lucille Ball in the Long Long Trailer

• Robin Williams in RV

• We're the Millers

• Breaking Bad
2008 Georgetown DS350 Class A
Wife, kids, dog and cat
14 REPLIES 14

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
The RV movies topic comes up from time to time in this forum, I think when I last contributed a list it was around 30-40 titles. That was a couple years ago. Since then my IMDB list of movies I've watched that featured RVs has grown to 77 titles. I've tried to post the list, but this forum will not accept it as an edit.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

madbow43
Explorer
Explorer
Have to mention ,the Chevy Chase epic , Christmas Vacation . Griswold's cool cousin Eddie shows up in a great looking Motor Home . LOL !!!

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
The_Owl wrote:
Space Balls. A great movie.

May the Schwartz be with you...
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Race With The Devil. It's an old movie with Peter Fonda and Loretta Swit. Scary situations!
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

The_Owl
Explorer
Explorer
Space Balls. A great movie.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
"Lost in America" 1985
"About Schmidt" 2002
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Meet the fockers

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Hollywood doesnt see us as an audience or lifestlye, other than one to use as ' trailer trash' as in 'Independence Day' or to ridicule as incompetants like in long long trailer, or as fear mongers as in Ben Stillers ' Meet the Fockers.'

We are too ordinary, law abiding content with simple pleasures like tight knit family, friends Smores travel to places with ordinary names or for temporary work.

'Amber Waves'. a 1980 movie with Dennis Weaver and Kurt Russell about nomadic grain harvesters shows the use of rvs and crew buses for that essential work. ( did it, '69- '75) is a little known movie that chronicles an essential need for rvs in the great plains. Its still valid.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
If you enjoy reading get `The ride of our lives' by Mike Leonard of NBC News. It's he story about a Son who takes his Parents and various family members on a cross country RV trip. It's not so much how an RV works but how an extended family works.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
I always liked Paul as an RV movie. But the theme was about an escaped alien, the RV was incidental.

Yes but, it is a cool movie..

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I always liked Paul as an RV movie. But the theme was about an escaped alien, the RV was incidental.

My opinion is that RVing / camping makes for a pretty wonderful lifestyle and a very boring movie.

Movies need conflict, controversy, great emotional crisis. All the things that we want to avoid as we travel in our RV.

Other than the occasional horror film which includes trapper campers unable to get out of their he wilderness.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Might not be on Blue Ray or DVD yet, (don't know), but The Leisure Seeker looks like a pretty good one. I'm wanting to see it, but timing is always wrong.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Captain Fantastic is an interesting movie ... not really about an RV, but a family does live in a converted bus for a while.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'll spoil the fun:

Google: rv movies
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman