cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New old poster returns-some questions

Sportsdad
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all! I don't recall the email addy I used years ago to show my project of a Class C RV rebuild project I had back in 2008.
Photos here --> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/RV/

But I'm back! We sold that Class C after 9 years of use. It served our family well and many good memories raising the kids in that vacation RV.

Well, now we're empty nesters, I retire next month and wife retires in April 2019. We're both relatively young (55 and 57)

We are building on some acreage near Flathead Lake Montana (Lakeside, MT to be specific)

We will be selling our home and living out of a 5th wheel trailer that I am buying from my father who is 87 now. We're also buying his 2000 F350 XLT 7.3L diesel (61k miles!)
Photos here --> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Yellowstone-36-ft-and-Ford/
The trailer has only been used 6 times since 2001 and has been sitting under cover it's entire life. Well cared for, however it will need new tires. (They're older than 7 years!)

We;ll be storing our other two vehicles in MT (friends place) while we hit the road for 6 months while the home is being built.

My question to you is:
Can someone tell me how a Full Timer's insurance policy works?
We won't have an address per say except the empty 6 acres in MT that will have a house being built.

Our travel time will be approx 3 months, finally settling in a month-by-month RV place near Bigfork MT while the home finishes in the late summer/fall of 2019.

Any full timer tips appreciated too!

THank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
The difference between a standard policy and Full time is:

1. General liability protection. Trip and fall, injury on your site.

2. Contents coverage for personal items. Clothing, electroncis, pots and pans etc.

The rest of the policy is more or less identical. Comprehensive and Collision are standard coverage and apply just like they would for a vehicle. These coverage are very broad.

IF you have a Class A or other kind of driving RV, the policy will have liability coverage for damage you cause while driving. This is different than the general liability above. The two types of coverage are for different things.

If it is a tow-able, the tow vehicle policy will have liability which will cover any damage you do to other's or their property while in motion.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Full-timers insurance should include things like general liability insurance like a home does. Standard automobile insurance wonโ€™t cover something like someone falling off the RV steps, walking into a slide out corner, etc. Coverage of contents, coverage of contents you may have in storage. Comprehensive coverage if there is a fire, wind damage that knocks down a tree, etc.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Can someone tell me how a Full Timer's insurance policy works?"

Check with your insurance agent. Get it in writing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Full-timers insurance is like your home owners insurance that you had on your main house. But it does not cover your tow vehicle.