cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my 1210 iM keeps blowing the 5amp dc fuse

janiejdbb01
Explorer
Explorer
my 1210 IM norcold fridge works great with no problems until the weather gets cold . As soon as the temp goes down to 5 or 6 celius the 5 amp dc fuse blows .If i take a hair blower and heat the back of the fridge up and replace the fuse it works for a while . I checks voltage in and it is good ,am wondering if i need to replace board , any help would be appreciated .
3 REPLIES 3

janiejdbb01
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to thank you for your anwsers to my problem . i check it out yesterday and it was the ice maker heat tape, all fixed now , again thanks again .

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Add a 60 watt light bulb and a TC-3 thermocube to the outside of the fridge. Restrict the airflow leaving only one set of vents open. Use duct tape on the inside of the access hatch.

Norcold does sell a cold weather kit--but the light bulb works just fine.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
That fuse protects the board from DC items on the refer that could destroy the board.
1. The Cooling fans(Most likely)
2. The tstat for the cooling fans
3. The inside optical board(On/off/temp set) and the wiring going to it
4. The LP solenoid valve
5. The heat strip for the optional icemaker line to the icemaker
6. The bottom inside refer doors divider strip heater
7. The interior light bulb assbly
You need to check the DC items before you spend money on a Board. I cannot remember EVER replacing a Board for the 5 amp dc fuse blowing. It has always been something on the Load side. Doug