cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need to replace bathroom faucet

msue
Explorer
Explorer
The hot water faucet turns continuously, so I guess I need a new faucet.
I have a 2008 Jayco 23b.

Can I buy a faucet for it at home depot? Is it an easy repair?
19 REPLIES 19

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is nothing magic or different with RV plumbing than a S&B house. We have replaced the kitchen sink with a very nice American Standard high arch pull out spray head faucet. Replaced the bathroom faucet with new single handle faucet. We replaced the crappy plastic double bowl kitchen sink with a very nice Moen SS deep double bowl, I can fill a 5 gal bucket in this sink as the faucet will clear the top of the bucket.
Rerouted the shower drain in the basement to gain more storage space, moved the trap to a wall rather than in the middle of the basement.

We are now looking a bathroom remodel going to a Vessel sink and spout faucet. All devices and materials purchased at either Loweโ€™s or Home Depot, or other local hardware or plumbing supply store.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced ours last weekend. Lowes with a higher arch and single handle. Fit perfectly, standard 4" spacing between the holes in the sink. The PEX lines worked with a little manipulation of the copper lines coming out of the faucet. The fittings were also the same. 15 minute job. You may not been a faucet wrench. Was able to easily reach the faucet and connections were hand tight. The new faucet used large washers and a nut to tighten down. Did need a ratchet, short extension and a deep socket.

msue
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions. We are out camping so my 9 year old gransdson with a little help from his dad replaced the faucet with a Delta one.

They also replaced bathroom doorknob.
Thank you again.

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely replace with a standard bathroom faucet. My replacement is a Delta with a higher spout to get hands under the stream more easily.
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
I would suggest that you install a stop valves and standard supply lines to the new faucet. In the future you wouldn't need to shut down the entire water system to do a faucet repair.

x2 on the stop valves. Did that with every water connection inside, so if the faucet or whatever breaks, I can simply shut it off from the rest of the system until it can be fixed rather than go without water to everything because there's no way to isolate the problem.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Any standard 4" bathroom faucet will "definitely fit" your RV. Don't fall for buying another junk, plastic, overpriced "RV" faucet.

Heck, een higher end RV's dont come with "RV" faucets.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the sink and faucet in the bathroom of ours with a Delta single handle and an Elkay bar sink. Not a huge deal. Had to cut some of the counter to fit new sink.
Itโ€™s a good idea to cut the pex and install cutoff valves with flex supply lines. I used Sharkbites.
Itโ€™s a nice upgrade.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest that you install a stop valves and standard supply lines to the new faucet. In the future you wouldn't need to shut down the entire water system to do a faucet repair.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest if you have to cut the pex using SharkBite slip fittings. Makes the job a lot easier and not crimp ring or tool required.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
If you want one that definitely fits an RV, check Amazon. Just type RV bathroom faucet into the search field.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ HI, I changed my bathroom faucet to one with a higher spout and a single handle. I had to cut the PEX lines a bit shorter. I bought my faucet, PEX crimping tool, and PEX crush rings all at Lowes.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My bath area is similar to downtheroadโ€™s.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I installed this one and in polished chrome.

xx

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing magical about the cheap faucets they put in RV's. Follow the advice above.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"