cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv,s in sonora

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Just hot off the phone with sat in nogales. All RV,s in the no hassle zone require a TIP. Had been this way for a long time.

Moisheh
20 REPLIES 20

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The limitation in the Baja California States, is that motor vehicles cannot be "borrowed" must have current extraneous license plates, stickers, and that in B.C.S. liability insurance is MANDATORY. Bang someone's car, suck out a hose choking roll of 1000 peso notes and technically you can be fined.

Uniform application and enforcement?

You must be thinking of Mexico, Missouri.

Even the FREE 7-day FMM is ignored for the Ensenada area. Unless of course if it isn't.

Regulation and enforcement of TIP and FMM status on the majority of the mainland is the only thing I believed to be strongly enforced.

Until I saw a brand-new CALTRANS (state highway dept of California) orange 6-wheel dump truck idling on the side of the road on the main thoroughfare Mex 15 in Mazatlan. Decals, chip spreader, radio and new Goodyear tires. Now how many checkpoints did this puppy have to jump over? I wrote BRAND NEW this was no surplus auction special.

Uniformity.

No permiten menores de edad, mujeres, ni uniformidades
---sign on the entrance tarp to a cantina.

Wotta Hoot

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....OK folks; its been a half a month 'lready....has anyone found the resolution to this hassle-free vehicle zone RV thang, as it pertains to the Sonora extent :B

Anyone having the same "hassles" entering the Baja free vehicle zone with motor RV, tow trailer, or towed ?
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Hopefully, the border will dissolve and there won't be any need to spend all that money.

It's apparent that we can't live without each other. You can now travel through Central America on one visa.

I'd rather see a wall around Washington DC where MS13 (a group started in the U.S. and allowed to flourish to 30000 members without check) seems to have a stronghold and cut up bodies appear just miles from the White House.

:B

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Hopefully, the border will dissolve and there won't be any need to spend all that money.

It's apparent that we can't live without each other. You can now travel through Central America on one visa.

I'd rather see a wall around Washington DC where MS13 (a group started in the U.S. and allowed to flourish to 30000 members without check) seems to have a stronghold and cut up bodies appear just miles from the White House.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
tepetapan wrote:
The "Wall" and NAFTA will have its price sooner or later. The free zone could easily disappear in a few short years.

I don't think so. Arizona has a reciprocating policy in place that allows Mexicans to travel as far North as Phoenix. All about business between Arizona & Sonora, not USA & Mexico. There is a coalition of State (both Az & Son)reps, business reps & private citizens groups that meet on a regular biases to maintain and increase Millions of dollars of trade and retail between AZ & Son.
rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have spent a few hours over the last few weeks trying to find the proper rules. I did find the 69 page manual for the temporary importation of: Vehicles, Casa Rodantes, Motorhomes, boats and motorcycles. I can understand what has happened. This manual shows the rules for what we call an RV as being different than a car or truck. There is reference to Sonora Only but nothing for the no hassle zone. I wonder if the manual for the No Hassle Zone does not reference Motorhomes. Just cars, trucks and probably motorcycles. Perhaps the Aduana is interpreting this to mean that RV's must get a permit. It is also possible that since I purchased my TIP a few years back at the insistence of the Aduana they are no longer requiring the permit. I will try to find the answer at Nogales. Here is a link to the manual:
http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/normatividad/Documents/manual_importacion_vehiculos.pdf

Russ: Please do not call my post a rumor. I would like to know if I am right or wrong. I would prefer to be wrong and not have to pay for a permit! If it is required I would think that most would want to comply to avoid problems.

Moisheh

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
There are signs all the way down the hwy from Sonoyta declaring that we are in the no hassle zone.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Penasco is not part of the no hassle zone. It is a special area! Russ: Why don't you contact the Hacienda for an answer?. I hope to be at Nogales 21 next week and will ask them.

Moisheh

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
Since the beginning of the year I have had the pleasure of working with over 100 RV's on tours in Caravans to our great place Puerto Penasco Sonora,I work hand in hand with the local Government regarding passage through or around Sonoyta Sonora. I have full support of the local administrations in Sonoyta and in Penasco. Never, Never once were we told we need a TIP for these vehicles. I do not believe it, I have first hand knowledge and until I receive something from Aduana or Hacienda we will continue to do business as we have all along for over 20 years. This kind of rumor is far more damaging than erring on the side of wrong!. No TIP is required in the No hassle Zone....PERIOD! If it changes I will be one of the first to let you know. Probably the second or 3rd but whatever somewhere in there.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh, you always do yo your homework. I was merely pointing out that any question will be answered in the negative. No one going to Puerto Penasco gets any permits as there is no one to ask questions of. KM21 is the problem, that's where bureaucrats reside. Every bureaucrat has to have something to say no to. IMHO
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I did my part and it wasn't cut and paste. It is a link directly from the aduana. I don't know what else to look for. You live in the free zone, maybe you can go to the local office and get it straight from the horseยดs mouth in writing and in English.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
This is a complicated subject. Every travel club and Mexican insurance company has information that is either old or incorrect. They never offer a link to the Mexican Gov. Sonora is a special case. At one time we could get a Sonora Only permit for our vehicles instead of a TIP. Then they decided that no permits would be required in that Northern Sonora area. I think they were having problems with Mexicans and Gringos bringing in RV's and quads and leaving them here. Soon there were complaints from quad dealers in HMO. For a few weeks it was chaos at km21 ( Nogales). RV'rs heading to Sab Carlos or Kino were told that even though this was no hassle zone they would have to disconnect their toads or get permits . But each Aduanero was interpreting the rule differently. But it all got straightened out.The explanation the fellow at Nogales gave me is: Cars and Trucks can enter this zone with no permit. They are considered vehicles. However motorhomes are not considered vehicles in this instance ( go figure/. They are RV's and need a 10 year TIP. I called Sonora Tourism in HMO and she gave me the contact # in Nogales. He was not some ordinary Aduanero. He totally understood my question and spit out the answer with the explanation. The only place to get the correct answer is either Nogales or Mexico City. I refuse to call Mexico City as it is a phone bank with so much noise it is impossible to understand. At km 21 there is a booth near the Banjercito with a sort of ombudsman. The sign says he can help with Banjercito problems as well as SAT. When one of the Banjercito persons has a problem they send you to that booth. He will either help you with proper information or tell you your problem is not solvable and your vehicle cannot enter Mexico. I was there one day when some old coot had a motorhome with a temporary plate. He did not want to pay the price for registering in his home state and have to buy US insurance, His answer was "NO Way Jose!". The coot argued away. Bad idea. The ombudsman told him to be polite and to turn around and go home!!! But I digress. Anyone who wants to know the rule about motorhomes can ask at his booth. Posting a cut and paste is of no help. One needs to find the rule for motorhomes not cars and trucks.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Source? Link?