cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tough finding motorhome insurance in massachusetts

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a quote for my Class A Motorhome and in Massachusetts the only company i found is progressive and this isnt full time insurance
10 REPLIES 10

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
We had Commerce Insurance from 97 to 07 on 2 different MHs in Mass.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
We ended up with Progressive when our auto carrier said they don't insure RVs in Massachusetts. I haven't figured out what the issue is.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Rick Jay wrote:
As others have said, Taxachusetts is a bit unique compared to most other states on insurance issues. We should feel so fortunate that our politicians care so much about us! :R LOL

Are you talking about this guy??? Isn't it about time he gets charged like his FOUR predecessors as speaker of the house?

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Rick Jay wrote:
As others have said, Taxachusetts is a bit unique compared to most other states on insurance issues. We should feel so fortunate that our politicians care so much about us! :R LOL

Are you talking about this guy???

Jerry & Jeanne

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think the insurance company needs to know (or cares) that you're fulltiming. It's motor vehicle insurance for stuff that happens on the road.
Jerry & Jeanne

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
jarata1,

Did you ask your current insurance agent? I believe in Massachusetts it's insured just as any other motor vehicle would be. Or, atleast, that what it seemed like to us.

What do you mean by "full time" insurance? Are you fulltimers in the RV lifestyle? We're not, but I don't ever remember that being an issue when we were looking to have it insured. I suppose if we were and didn't have a sticks & bricks home it might complicate the issue.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You want assistance from a...Californian?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I have State Farm, but I've been with them since 1970.
Jerry & Jeanne

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Taxachusettes has it's own rules. Companies writing policies there, have to be based out of there. So a lot of companies dont bother setting up splinter operations in a commonwealth that has rules specific to it only.
Years ago I had an easy time getting a policy there but found that my "big name " insurance company was actually a tiny Mass only subsidiary when the Military transferred me to another state.
You are likely limited to only a few options, I suggest you Private message jplante4 for insight.

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Call FCIS(800-331-1520) or Miller(800-622-6347). If you belong to FMCA they have insurance also, I believe they use FCIS.

These are insurance brokers who deal with several companies.