cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Light

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Monaco with the Cummins 8.3 motor and Allison transmission, I had it in the shop before I left to travel cross country. The warning light was on and the low air buzz would go off but I did not have low air it will not lose more than 20 pounds at the most overnight, the mechanic said it was a bad valve in the air parking brake causing the warning light to be on. the valve was replaced the buzzer is off except when air is low from dumping air to use jacks ect. he also said the light could be caused by a short all fluids were changed new filter for air system. the light came on last night pulled over checked all fluids and belts everything seems alright, also a new radiator cap was put on, someone else said it could be the maintaince system needed to be reset short of going to Cummins I can not figure out why this light is on with not apparent reason for it. all gauges are within normal limits no unusual noises. I hope the answer is go to Cummins, hopefully something I am missing Thanks for all the help you all have been Wrinkles and I are now getting ready to head into Albuquerque, New Mexico
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
4 REPLIES 4

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for replying the sensor cleared and then couple hundred miles light came on again
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"devildog1971".....Two things to check. There is a sensor in your coolant overflow tank that tells you when the coolant is low. Unplug it, remove it and sand the end of the sensor. They can get corroded and think the tank is low.

One other thing to check, which may sound crazy. On some Monaco's they connected a sensor to the windshield washer tank. It can trigger a low fluid light.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
found a new problem that might cause the first problem left rear jack is leaking that is the only fluid I have not checked if it is low could that be the problem

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem with my 2001 Newmar Kountry Star. It turned out that the microprocessor for the rear air storage was faulty. Same issue, light and warning shriek came on and the tanks read empty. Would go back to normal after a short time, with air pressure going right back up to normal (so, I knew it was a sensor) and then faulting over and over. Replaced the microprocessor, which cured the problem.
However, a new problem developed that Freightliner could not (by law) fix. My odometer went from 80,000 down to 33,000 mi. Federal law prohibits it from being corrected, so now I have a sticker on the doorframe stating to add 44,000 mi (aprox.) to obtain correct mileage.
If you are going to change one of those processors, make sure your provider knows about the odometer glitch beforehand so your correct mileage is recorded.
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP