cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newmar Canyon Star 3610 Solar - adding to factory system

squidnapper
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there! We have a Newmar 3610 that came from Newmar with a 30A solar controller and a small 5W panel. I'm wondering how much solar I can add to this system without changing wire or controller, and if the forum has a recommendation on which panels and where to buy?
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
4 REPLIES 4

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Look for screw holes in the roof. PO probably took the panels off. Or wasted money putting a controller on a tiny panel.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

squidnapper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not the first owner so not sure if it was a weird option, but it definitely seems to have a controller. It's a Blue Sky controller, this one I think: Solar Controller

Looking at the roof there is only one small panel and it's usually running somewhere around 3.5 watts
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
30a x 12v = X watts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Something doesn't sound right, the little 5w is just for trickle maintaining the chassis battery and doesn't need a controller. If you have the factory solar installation then I would expect something like 2 or 4 x 100w panels plus the controller connected to house batteries.

What model is the controller? What gauge is the wire from the roof to the controller?
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...