cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Reservations

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
OK so we pick up our Toy Hauler Travel trailer in 2 weeks and started making reservations and noticed when doing so they ask if you have a fifth wheel or TT. Well dumb question maybe but our TT is 35' long and 13' 4" high. I am wondering if should state a 5th since that would cover our height or am I thinking to much and campgrounds don't really look at height for spots just length?
Thoughts would be appreciated.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 Diesel
2018 Jayco T32C
Reese Straight-Line trunnion WDH
7 REPLIES 7

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks western and SD those are things I really didn't think about I have been reserving the pull thrus for ease not the reasons you stated which are valid points.
2018 Jayco T32C

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with WRVPO, tell the truth you have a TT toy box, TTs do have sharper turning radius than a 5er. make it clear if you wish to use the rear gate for the toys. Pull Thrus are your best bet, state when making reservations how long of one you need.
Say for instance you have 18' of truck, a 32' tt, 8' tailgate, 8' toys. You need a 70' PT. minimum unless you garage the toys
We do not permit any vehicles on the grass. No drive around the rig with toys regardless of back in site length even if there is not a hill, cliff or trees at the back.
We can accommodate toy boxes on backins, only if toys are unloaded before parking and if there is enough length for them on gravel in the campsite or tow or toys parked elsewhere.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Turn radius is different and there are situations where one or the other will be able to maneuver into a site when the other will have difficulty. What the OP should also concern themselves with is being sure to notify the park that the rig is a toy hauler, especially if they have a need to get toys out of the back end. We have sites that work great for trailers and fifth wheels that back up to bluffs with incredible views, but the toys would fall to their death. Also, there are many back in sites where there would be no way to drive the toys to the road without driving across the grass, a no no in our parks. We have many sites that work for toy haulers with toys, but we can't make accommodations for what we don't know.

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replies I thought I was over thinking but wanted to make sure, the reservations I have made selected TT so all is good.
2018 Jayco T32C

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
length and slide outs for clearance in older campgrounds
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
By the way theirs never a ~ (dumb question) I have learned a lot on this board.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've never seen them concern themselves with height.