cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Vent/Rain Covers to Install over Factory Vent Fans???

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to purchase Vent Covers to go over the factory vent fans on the TT.

Mainly looking to keep vent open and not have to worry about rain and excess dirt from entering camper.

Looking for any practical advice and experience.
40 REPLIES 40

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
The new Maxx Air Fan Mate 955 like this is taller and I have no problem with my Fantastic Fan,which BTW the cover is designed to stop when it hits anything. I like the clips,they make it easy to open and clean the vent cover,unlike the others that you have to unbolt to clean or replace the vent lid Maxx Air Fan Mate

955 Maxx Air video

x2 on this one.. easy install

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The covers are EASILY removed. The FACT is they don't set tight to the roof so bugs can get under with or without screens.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:
Other Ultra-Breeze reviews say the water splashes in. See any problem with this?

Screens are optional on both Maxxair and Ultra-Breeze. Seems like a good idea to keep the bugs out. Comments?

Any difference in the UV capability between the smoke and white? Is the white completely opaque?

Mine don't splash water in, but if the wind is blowing right, when it rains, I will get tiny droplets of water coming through. You can't see it, but can feel it it when placing your hand near the vent.

dh

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Our factory vents are Fantastic Vents, Iโ€™ve also not found rain splashing in. Regarding screens, the vents have them, but I recently learned the clearance between the trim and vent is large enough to let small bugs inside the fifth wheel. A bead of color matched caulk solved that problem. The optional screens might be able to keep the smaller ones off, but not as inexpensive as caulk and the caulk wouldnโ€™t effect airflow
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a cheapie Camco cover for under $20. It works great, has a screen, keeps the rain out, and lets me leave the vent open for storage or when I am traveling.

The only downside was trying to install the vent. It was supposed to attach to the frame of the existing cover or to be screwed down to the roof. I just used a heavy application of Dicor caulk. It is firmly attached and if something happens I can pry off the caulk.

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
Just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking that if you have no screen on the cover, there's nothing to keep wasps and yellow jackets and such from building nests in there.

Granted, if you're full time and using it constantly, it probably can't happen, but if you're part time and your rig sits unoccupied for weeks or even months . . .

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bobbo wrote:
stevenal wrote:
Screens are optional on both Maxxair and Ultra-Breeze. Seems like a good idea to keep the bugs out. Comments?

Your fans should already have a screen on them to keep the bugs out. Adding an additional screen on the vent covers does little more than further restrict air flow.

ZACTLY!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
stevenal wrote:

Your fans should already have a screen on them to keep the bugs out. Adding an additional screen on the vent covers does little more than further restrict air flow.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been in monsoons with all three vents open with the Fantastic Vent covers with ZERO water intrusion!

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Other Ultra-Breeze reviews say the water splashes in. See any problem with this?

Any difference in the UV capability between the smoke and white? Is the white completely opaque?
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
As I indicated earlier, I purchased the Fantastic Vent Covers. Point of note, if you decide to purchase one I DO NOT recommend purchasing from RVUpgrades.com.

They do not have a large enough warehouse to keep everything they advertise in stock. Which is fine, however the company they used to drop ship the vent covers do not believe in packaging items for shipment. The vent covers I received were marred and scratched from lack of packing material.

The vent covers I received directly from RVUpgrades.com were marginally packaged for shipment. And they did not include one of the vent screens or mounting hardware.

I have contacted RVUpgrades with the issue, but really all I have received is an apology and no mention of reimbursement for the negligence on their part.

Not a vendor I will be using in the future.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
suprz wrote:
Fantastic fan makes covers specifically for their fans. I have seen you tube videos showing that that they move more air then other covers. I would get one if i didnt already have all my vents covered

They move more air simply because they decided a screen is NOT needed. Besides they are QUALITY!!!

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Fantastic fan makes covers specifically for their fans. I have seen you tube videos showing that that they move more air then other covers. I would get one if i didnt already have all my vents covered
Proud father of a US Marine

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Couple pics. Just look at the covers side by side. Easy to see the FV will far outflow the others with no screen to plug.

Far EASIER install than the MAXX and easy removal.