cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bolt it on chocks

moman1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any experience with 'Bolt it on' brand dirt bike chocks? I'm trying to figure out the best way to strap down our dirt bikes in the toy hauler and still protect the glass door/wall from the bikes. These seem like a good option for only $360.
9 REPLIES 9

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the blue shoe for years. In my truck bed, I just bolted it to a chunk of plywood and throw it in, then attach the bike and off I go. On a flat bed trailer I had 3 and carried 3 bikes with nothing else. No straps needed.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Bike shoes work well, but still needs tie down straps to prevent sway and rear wheel movement.
I like the Risk Racing MX Lock n Load better than the Bolt On System.
My current system for dirt bikes is 5 straps per bike without any type of wheel chocks. 4 straps on handlebars. One short strap on rear tire. I have e-track along both sidewalls and removable single ring Ancra points in the middle of floor parallel with the e-track. Bikes are side to side and alternating front/back. They are inches apart and don't rub each other. Even after many miles is Idaho washboard dirt.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search on 'Blue Shoe' motorcycle chocks. It bolts to the floor, then roll the front wheel up to it and throw the cam-lock over. It locks the front tire solid. VERY easy and VERY fast to load/unload. No tools/straps, etc to load up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3-TiYdUSs

Redman812
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely the best tie down system we have ever used in our Toy Hauler for dirt bikes.
2015 Ford F250 Platium
2006 Weekend Warrior LE3305 BILLET
2015 Polaris RZR 4 XP1000
2008 TRX 250EX
2008 YZF450
2006 LT80

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Order it and don't look back. I love mine. It's the ONLY way to tie down bikes in a toy hauler without installing something permanent. It is way more stout than it looks in pictures you see online. It is super versatile as far as arranging bikes differently.
I just got mine about a month ago and at the time he was shipping out the nicer "original" bar for the cheaper price. If you call you'll get the owner Scott and he'll give you any info you need.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freight wheel chocks

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-69026.html
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

moman1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm leaning towards getting it. It is such a no brainer to me that I don't understand why everyone doesn't use some sort of chock like this; they probably do I guess. When we were looking to buy, I kept thinking to myself, how are they expecting me to tie down the toys back here? I can't use the wall so I'd have to have a ton of straps. Didn't make sense so I did some research and came across these. Glad I did. I can post pictures/review once I get it installed.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any experience with that brand but it would be my first choice if I had not built my own MANY years ago. Mine is similar concept, should have patented it! I made mine for my first Toy Hauler about 20 years ago, modified it to work with the new one and it will go with it. Sorry no pics but similar in concept.

I'd go for it if it were me.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sure I've seen some posters use them. I haven't, but it looks like a good system for dirt bikes.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"