cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD CAMP SPOT NEAR HUSKY Memorial/BLACK CANYON

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, so we normally camp at Drove Springs or Wagon Wheel, we want to try somewhere drifferent and no one in our group has been to Husky memorial/ Black canyon or Inscription Canyon. So we are thinking of going down Memorial Weekend not knowing the area i was hoping some of you could suggest a couple of places to camp. Group would be about 5 to 7 trailers, two that would be 40'. So if you have any suggest and pictures that would be great! Also if you have a place but don't want the whole world to know but willing to share you could PM me and we will keep your secret I promise!! We are small tight nit group coming from Fresno likes to explore the Desert most of us has RZR's except for me I have the Yamaha YXZ 1000; the one has a big smile on his face after every ride! LOL Thanks Micheal
8 REPLIES 8

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dirtclods, that's cool App!!

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Thanks for all the great infor. Questions, looking at a Google earth map how far is Camp B and Camp C in and what is the road like? I know it's about 18 miles north on 395 from Krammer junction but after you turn off 395? Are they marked? Can you jump over from highway 14 to Cuddeback road?

This is a good App for the area:http://jawbone.org/index.php/mobile-apps/363-ohv-map-app

Off the top of my head Camp C is approximately ten miles in. But their are lots of camping spots on the drive in too.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Thanks for all the great infor. Questions, looking at a Google earth map how far is Camp B and Camp C in and what is the road like? I know it's about 18 miles north on 395 from Krammer junction but after you turn off 395? Are they marked? Can you jump over from highway 14 to Cuddeback road?

You have to cross 395 to get to Cuddeback/Husky, here are no overpasses.

Yeah, it is off of Temple.

GPS:

N 35 14' 23.45"

W 117 39' 29.08"
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Check out Cuddeback Dry Lake.

2nd that the dirt rode going in is not all beat up and you don't half to drive all the way into the dry lake itself if you don't want to theirs camping spots along the drive in.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
24fb freedom wrote:
I've stayed in cal-city off of 20 mule road and ride to husky monument as well as inscription canyon, it's about 1.5 hrs to inscription canyon and husky monument is on the way. You can stay at, 2500 Cuddeback Rd, Randsburg, CA 93554, and ride from there. There's a lot to explore out there in the dez, ride safe and enjoy!!

There's a big camp area at the east end of Cal City called Camp B. It's not too far west of 395 and almost directly west of the Husky. Cuddeback, as suggested, is between Camp B and The Husky. Google it, if you need help hit me up.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed in cal-city off of 20 mule road and ride to husky monument as well as inscription canyon, it's about 1.5 hrs to inscription canyon and husky monument is on the way. You can stay at, 2500 Cuddeback Rd, Randsburg, CA 93554, and ride from there. There's a lot to explore out there in the dez, ride safe and enjoy!!

dedmiston
Check out Cuddeback Dry Lake.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230