Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting TV on 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi there,

I bought 2 27 inches TVs and plan to mount one in the master bed and the other in the storage compartment of the 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R (Open the storage door and enjoy outdoor TV). According to the diagram, the "optional TV" can be mounted on the side wall (on the side of the refrigerator). Any recommendation where to find the right spot for the mounting screws? I worry that I could hit a spot that cannot support the TV weight (or damage the refrigerator). Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Seon wrote:
I used a stud finder and marked the stud locations. Then I cut and screwed at the stud location a 3/4" thick plywood onto the wall. That gave me a very solid "wall" to screw the tv mount.

good idea
bumpy

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
I used a stud finder and marked the stud locations. Then I cut and screwed at the stud location a 3/4" thick plywood onto the wall. That gave me a very solid "wall" to screw the tv mount.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 31K Itasca was also available with a TV in the bedroom. You should be able to feel where the supports are for the TV behind that wall. I found it very easy to remove the corner trim molding piece and remove the paneling enough to see what was behind the wall. I then bought an appropriate wall mount to install on the supports.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that the electrical outlet and cable connection were pre-wired by Winnebago so that an optional TV could be mounted there. As already mentioned, Winnebago can provide you with the location of hard points for mounting.

Winnebago probably did not design the outside compartment for mounting a TV, but you can ask.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you decrease the width of your pictures to 650 it will help. IF, not likely the wood of the wall inside is thick enough a simple wall mount will work BUT you may need to add a backing plate by taking out the other TV if the wood is 1/4". Same thing down below but hopefully you can add the backing plate from the wheel well. A mount with a swinging arm for below.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Modern TVs are not all that heavy.

If you take out the electrical outlet and/or cable connection plate, you possibly could peer down the partition (maybe using a dental mirror or similar) and see what sort of construction it has.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
winnebago should be able to provide the mounting locations
bumpy