cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are these?

Mybackyard
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to pull the carpet out of my 1997 Winnebago Chieftian. I am not sure what these plastic washer and screws are for. There seems to be a small drop off in the carpet about this same place. (almost like there isn't any padding. I just don't want to open a 'can of worms'. Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Sultan1966
Explorer
Explorer
This is just one reason not to put stuff “in the cloud”...you have no control over it after you put it there..sort of like Facebook or websites like this..here today gone tomorrow...wait!!!!!!
2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV with Cummins 425hp ISL (Louie) with 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (Roscoe) with Golf Cart in back (Forrest Gump).
Wife, I and our two dogs are Full-Timers

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
I found some in our MH. When they build them they lay the carpeting and other flooring. Then they cover it all with a heavy plastic sheet. Next they install couches, cabinets, etc. I believe the screws with large plastic washers, only in carpeted areas, are used to hold down the plastic so it doesn't get ripped up during the build. You can remove them later and the carpeting hides the screw hole.

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The pictures were there yesterday when I looked at the topic but I guess Photobucket in now blocking them. Just upload the pictures to this site using the link in the Do It Yourself topic.

Create a Flickr account. It's free with one Terabyte of storage. And they allow 3rd party posting.
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
They look like they are holding the carpet in place over the uneven surfaces?

You could check below to make sure it isn't holding something, but I suspect the carpet would be prone to coming loose and bunching up or moving around in those areas.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The pictures were there yesterday when I looked at the topic but I guess Photobucket in now blocking them. Just upload the pictures to this site using the link in the Do It Yourself topic.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Your photos didn't come through, says, "3rd Party Hosting has been temporary disabled."

Anyway, the screws might have been used to hold down the plastic that the manufacturer (or previous owner) put down to protect the carpet.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic