Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen Water Pump issue!

aztecaa
Explorer
Explorer
I bought 2005 Fourwinds TT 25'...
I did not check the pressure from water pump (only) since it was connected to city water. I too have been running from city (good pressure) so now that I went camping I noticed the Kitchen does not have pressure like the bathroom. I can hear the pump Revving up and down when the kitchen water is turned on. No it is NOT the facet being clogged...
What else could it be. I do notice a few wires loose from undercarriage of the TT on water side around tank area.(sensor wires i believe)
The pressure in the bathroom is great. Sometimes the shower will rev up and down but pressure ok.
I appreciate any feed back.
1994 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37' 460 Engine
2 Solar panels
2005 Four Winds Express Lite 25'
16 REPLIES 16

aztecaa
Explorer
Explorer
Yaaa, I finally got around to fixing the issue. Yup, a little white plastic piece stuck way inside. i thought it was part of the facet. I took air hose and blew from both sides of the facet and that son of a gun went flying out along with something else (don't know, maybe h2o deposit). I also disconnected the pump out and put hose on end to check the pressure (very strong). Put all back together except for the plastic piece and great water pressure. Thanks all! Happy camper!
2 Solar panels

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what's wrong with the battery. Troubleshoot that first, or just replace it. Without good 12v you'll have more problems than just the water pump.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

aztecaa
Explorer
Explorer
I'll disconnect outlet side of the pump and run it into a bucket to see if it does the same thing over the weekend.
Any answers regarding weak 12 volt battery? And or does being plugged in cancel out the battery when using the H20 pump?
2 Solar panels

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that is sound like the pump might be starved for water and sucking air. Inlet pipe or inlet filter maybe.

Can you run the water straight out of the pump outlet to see if it ramps up?

I bought a pump fitting and a clear 1/2" plastic hose at Tractor Supply and can the pump water into a tub straight from the pump outlet.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking back, I have heard a pump revving when I kept tropical fish.

A filter pump with an air leak on the intake would rev ... The motor rpms would be low and steady for a while until it sucked in a lot of air. Then the rpm would rev way up since the impeller was no longer in water. Eventually it would break the air lock, refill with water and rev down again.

Maybe there's something wrong with the intake for your pump.

aztecaa
Explorer
Explorer
Does a weak battery cause this issue? The revving up and down is very much like a weak battery that is giving power to the pump, ramping up and down maybe better term. I did charge the battery up and thought it was good. Maybe my battery has no more cranking amps in it. I need to put a load test on it. If in fact Battery can cause this issue.
If I'm plugged into 110 Volt doesn't that bypass the battery?
I took out the shurflow and put in a flowjet I had in RV. Does the same sound, ramping up and down.
2 Solar panels

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
GordonThree wrote:
What does revving up and down mean? I've never heard my pump revving like a muscle car motor or something. It turns on and makes noise and then it turns off and makes no noise.

Makes me wonder if it's one of the old variable speed "Shurflow Smart Sensor" series that were so prone to failure.

Or, is the converter dying?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What does revving up and down mean? I've never heard my pump revving like a muscle car motor or something. It turns on and makes noise and then it turns off and makes no noise.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Have you measured electrical current at the pump? Bad connections, a low battery, or failing converter might all lead to a loss of electrical supply to the pump.
Surging pressure at the pump output may mean a poor supply of water to the pump inlet. All connections, valves, tank outlet, and filter, if installed, may be the culprit.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

aztecaa
Explorer
Explorer
I put my other flow-jet pump in and removed original.
I also have after market facet with pull out tubing.
I removed the facet completely and turned on the water.
It fluctuates. Sometimes the pump revs fast and sometimes very slow.
The toilet flush is GOOD the bathroom facet is GOOD.
The shower is now doing the same thing more often.
I Can hear the pump revving up and down.
I even filled the water tank all the way up.
Hope this is enough information to get closer to the culprit at hand. Oh, and FYI all works GOOD using city pressure.
2 Solar panels

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
One other issues could be the distance. If the pump is 8 ft. from the bath but has 20 plus feet of pipe to the kitchen, it may not able to deliver the same volume to each.

If you hook to city water and the bath and kitchen water are about the same but with the pump it is not. You may have a plumbing issues between the pump and city water pipes or you may be asking the pump to do more than it can.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

hilandfrog
Explorer
Explorer
Sureflo makes a little itty bitty filter that goes anywhere one wants to put it, we had a 5th wheel with one under sink??
I'm guessing some owner along the way thought it filtered water for drinking ??
05 Tundra 4x4

1977' Road Ranger, Diddums is in action.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Probably only one pump, the aerator is the most likely culprit.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900