cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Determining Campsite Size

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
I just booked a state park in Oregon for Spring Break. It asked for equipment size. Should I include the TV in the length, or just the trailer? Is it safe to assume the TV can be parked alongside the trailer?
17 REPLIES 17

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
We're coming from Yakima, WA but not for a couple of months yet. Now I just have to worry about getting through Portland...

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
You can sometimes gain a couple of feet by disconnecting the tv and tucking it next to the tongue closer to the actual box of the trailer.

That, in conjunction with hanging the back of the trailer off the pad, should get enough room for the tv and trailer in the spot.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
the harder problem is getting into the spot in some cases. although beverly beach shouldn't be an issue.

Ironically, Beaverly Beach is one of the few places I had to help spot a guy into his spot. He had a pretty long TT and his spot had a large tree near the road inside corner. With some coaching (and me holding the fiberglass site marker across the road down) he got in there.

Coincidentally, Iโ€™m 3 miles south of there as I write this, though staying at relatives time share condo and not camping.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
oyarsa wrote:
Thanks. We're excited!

You should be, Beverly Beach is a popular SP on the coast. We just took a hit from a Pacific storm with high tides and large ocean swells. The creek at Beverly is now full of drift wood logs. Where are you coming from?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We're excited!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
oyarsa wrote:
Good suggestion. Here's my campsite: https://oregonstateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/Beverly_Beach_State_Park/r/campsiteDetails.do?contractCode=OR&siteId=4386&parkId=402126

Looks like there's room at the back.

pretty typical site. you probably have 10ft behind the pad if needed, and the pad is probably around 12ft wide so you can angle the truck pretty well.

BTW beverly beach is a very nice park. one of our favorites along the oregon coast. decent shelter from the shore winds, but easy to get to the beach. Enjoy
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Beverly beach has a number of pull throughs that at first sight are plenty long. the problem we had was that the curve of the pad was sharp making for some fit issues. We made it but it wasn't a piece of cake like you would expect a pull through to be.

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
Good suggestion. Here's my campsite: https://oregonstateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/Beverly_Beach_State_Park/r/campsiteDetails.do?contractCode=OR&siteId=4386&parkId=402126

Looks like there's room at the back.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
oyarsa wrote:
Hmmm...the site I booked is 40 feet. That's the driveway length and max vehicle length. My trailer is a 28 ft and the S equoia is 17 feet. Might be a squeeze! Hope it works!

more than likely you will be ok. go to the website and look at the picture for the site. most sites have a picture. in most cases you will find you will be able to place the trailer axles on the end of the pad and have the rear of the trailer hang over. that will give you enough room for the TV. I'm 60ft overall and in most oregon state park sites, I can fit in a 45 ft spot. back as far as I can and park the truck at an angle.

the harder problem is getting into the spot in some cases. although beverly beach shouldn't be an issue.

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm...the site I booked is 40 feet. That's the driveway length and max vehicle length. My trailer is a 28 ft and the S equoia is 17 feet. Might be a squeeze! Hope it works!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
also, most oregon state parks give the pad length. In most cases you can put the trailer axles at the END of the pad, giving you more room for parking. Very often you can click on the site and it will show you the pad.

And in the vast majority of oregon state parks, the pad is NOT long enough to park beside, nor is it allowed if you are off the pad. but the pads are usually long enough to put the TV angled as wel.

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
Luckily, then, I chose a site that should be long enough. Erring on the side of caution sometimes comes in handy...

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at Beverly Beach many times. My advice is to figure your tow vehicle in the equation. There's no room to park side by side. I have however seen some that position their tow vehicle at an angle.

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
I will be staying at Beverly Beach State Park. Looks like a great location close to lots of fun things to do.