cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Southwind Black Tank Flush doesn't work

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
This morning I tried to use the built in Santi Flush black tank flushing system, which has worked in the past. Today it seems to be blocked and water will not flow through the system at all.

Yes, the black tank drain valve was open.

I've heard some people say that there's a check valve somewhere that can get jammed. Can anyone tell me where to look for it on my coach, and what it will look like if I find it?

Any other suggestions as to why the water won't flow into the black tank from the hose?

Thanks
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us
5 REPLIES 5

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
On my MH there is an anti-backflow valve attached to the vacuum break up under the bathroom sink as pictured in the post above. Whenever I have had issues with my rinser, it has always been something stuck on the sprayer, never with the check valve or vacuum break.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whether black tank drain valve is open or not has no bearing on whether water can flow thru flush system
Having the dump valve open while using the flush system is 'JUST In CASE' preventative measure....get distracted and water continues to flow in until tank is FULL the OVER FULL ----blowing past toilet bowl seal OR worst Blowing out tank vent on top of RV

The hose connection MAY have a check valve inside it....like the city water connection.
Most don't so water can flow back out after disconnecting hose

The other 'check valve' is actually installed high up typically inside the bathroom cabinet or even a closet.
It is an 'anti-siphon vacuum breaker' on the inlet line.

Some times that can fail...usually you will have water flowing out of open top when that happens.

More typical when there is not flow (and as worked OK in past) is the nozzle in tank has become clogged.

Some nozzles can be removed and the holes in nozzle cleaned....depends on installation used,
*Nozzle glued in place
*Nozzle held in place with screws
*Nozzle spun welded in place (spun at high speed creating heat that melts tank wall & nozzle flange together)

Anti-siphon Vacuum Breaker
Several versions.....Black/Cheap junk to Brass/better quality

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had the back flush blocked on the new-to-me Monaco and it was plugged in the nozzles in the black tank. Took it off and drilled out slightly larger holes after cleaning all crud off the unit. Sprays very well now and not a problem. One less to worry about.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
More likely the holes on head inside the tank are plugged...remove and drill larger holes.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
The check valve is usually just behind where you screw on the hose. Under the three screws holding the plate on, and you will see it. It's about 3/4 of an inch long and normally prevents water from flowing out of the system water supply. I suppose that can get stuck. Push on the center button when there is no pressure in the system and you should feel it go in and come back out under spring pressure only.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel