cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

remodel of a 2000 Winnebago ultimate advantage

rnamiddleton
Explorer
Explorer
just purchased this coach and it looks a little dated with the bass color fixtures, wanted to do some remodeling, wanted to know if anyone else has this coach or has done a remodel to their coach. Need ideas on the cabinet pulls, we are going from the old bass look to a polished nickel. NEED HELP !!!
12 REPLIES 12

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
We just had our 2004 Itasca Sunrise updated. We kept the brass fixtures and she looks just fine. When the shower was replaced, they had no problem at all getting a brass and glass door and new brass fittings, so yeah, I'd say brass is back in fashion...

For photos:

2004 Itasca Sunrise Slight Remodel
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

rnamiddleton
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone replaced or painted the gold shower frame, our is the oval shaped and it is so dated. if so please let me know how you did it. thanks

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Road Dog wrote:
I wear bell bottom bermudas!!!!

OOPS ๐Ÿ˜ž

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
I wear bell bottom bermudas!!!!

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
Tube tops, bell bottoms, I kind remember some of the stupid from the seventy's lol

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Can't wait for tube tops to make a come back :E
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
you haven't heard? Brass is back! ๐Ÿ™‚

That's what DW just told me. We just laughed. Bell bottoms anyone ??

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
you haven't heard? Brass is back! ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here. The cabinet hardware is generally not RV-specific in any way. If you don't like what you have, get something more to your liking and within your budget and put it in.

One decent place to order cabinet (and other) hardware is Lee Valley; they have a lot of options available. For 12V lighting fixtures, if you wish to replace them, I've looked on Amazon and eTrailer. There are, of course, many other companies selling these sorts of items.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
om my 94 Bounder, I replaced all the brass cupboard and drawer pulls(57 of them) as well as replacing all the brass strips from the bathroom. There were also brass lamp shade sconce lights that I replaced with a modern nickel brushed glass units. Those changes were a big improvment.

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
I use to own a 2000 UA and we also thought the brass fixtures and hardware made the coach look very dated.

I replaced the bathroom faucet with a residential brush nickel faucet, the toilet paper holder with a brushed nickel one and the towel rings.

I also replaced all the cabinet pulls with simple contemporary brush nickel pulls. I did not replace the hinges as they looked fine once the new pulls were installed.

My wife replaced all the window valance material with a contemporary material and removed the decorative scroll across the top of the valances.

All these changes made a world of difference to the appearance, for the better, of the interior. When we sold the coach everyone commented how much they liked the changes we made.

Paul & Sandy
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
What do you mean? If you want nickel look you need to replace all of them, right? We had the same brass looking stuff and just painted them all flat black, $1.00 a can at the Po. No way was I spending $200 plus for that. I repainted 3 or 4 of the most used ones a year later.

I also painted some of the residential style light fixtures and painted the ceiling fan a flat greenish color. $5.00 done.

I also use that $1 flat black on the part of the frame that shows and the running gear, stabilizers etc. Flat hides imperfections vs gloss showing them.