cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

American RV Company has gone out of business.

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
American RV Company has gone out of business. Of course I did have an order 'in shipping' with them so I am going to have to do a credit card charge-back on that. Dang, this doesn't happen to me very often either!

Their web site is also gone so you can mistakenly order from them, but if you have stuff on order you need to work on getting your item or money back...

Just a heads up!
My name is Peter, and I'm never growing up.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)
10 REPLIES 10

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

The American RV Company the OP referred to was an online aftermarket parts supplier, essentially a drop shipper as are most online aftermarket parts suppliers, in both the ... I had bought from them in the past but found both pricing, and more importantly service, mediocre at best. There are plenty of others.

The only reason I ordered from them was they (said) they had what I wanted in stock, and no one else had it!

I'd have much rather ordered from Amazon, or even eBay... Not one seller had one.

Edit: got lucky and found a place on the other coast that had one left in stock. "We have no idea how old it is, but if you want it..."

It arrives on Friday! And I don't care how old it is either.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
dhull wrote:
We bought our RV at American RV in Grand Rapids. Good to know it's not ours closing as they treated us well.

It may not be closing, but expect a major CHANGE where treating you well is concerned, and most likely will not be for the better.

The American RV Company the OP referred to was an online aftermarket parts supplier, essentially a drop shipper as are most online aftermarket parts suppliers, in both the RV world and Automotive world. Essentially a middleman as there are only so many wholesale distributors, and no great loss. I had bought from them in the past but found both pricing, and more importantly service, mediocre at best. There are plenty of others.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is also an American RV in Burton MI (No relation to the others) that does my Oil Changes and such

ANd one in S.E. GA (McIntosh County) that did my last Air Conditioner. Also no relation to others. Likely several more scattered about.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our RV at American RV in Grand Rapids. Good to know it's not ours closing as they treated us well.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
There used to be a dealer in Olive Branch, MS named American RV also. I bought my first RV from them in 2007. After taking the RV back for warranty service, I swore never to set foot there again. About 2 or 3 years later, they were out of business. Camping World later obtained the property and opened a store there.

Apparently, "American RV" is a common name.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE:

Well, ****. Confusion... There are *two* American RV companies, one in Grand Rapids MI, and one (out of business!) in Azusa CA. I'm referring to the one in California, not the Michigan dealer that Camping World bought.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
This is the reply I got when I emailed them today about my order. Their web site is dead as well. When a company is bought out, generally at worst is a graceful shutdown.

American RV Company is now closed.

There will be no response to this email. If you need assistance with a past/existing order please write to claims@americanrvcompany.com and include your order/reference number in the subject line.

Emails without an order/reference number in the subject line will not be seen.

Thank you.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if they are going out of business, but they were aquired by Camping World in September...

LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I never heard/read about them; anywhere. Maybe that's why they didn't make it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
i just went to their webpage looks up to me