cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kidde Extinguisher recall

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Have to give Kidde credit, I contacted them about the recall with information on 2 units I had on 11/11. Replacements arrived today. And the two units they replaced were 11 and 13 years old.
Better service from them on this issue than most companies you deal with on paid orders.
21 REPLIES 21

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
One of my replacements arrived Friday so that was 2 weeks. Still waiting on the other.
Shipping time may depend on what part of the country you're in and what model extinguisher you have.
Have to admit Kidde is doing a pretty good with this, especially when you consider that close to 4 million extinguishers are subject to the recall.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
This is my first time hearing about the Recall. I will check my fire extinguishers when I get home.

Thanks for the PSA.

Yes. I just quoted myself.

Brought the extinguisher in the house when I got home today (it's cold OUT THERE). KIDDIE said I should get a replacement within 15-20 days.

Thanks again for the PSA. I Hope others will read it as well.

A faulty extinguisher is probably worse than having none. At least with none, I wouldn't be wasting time wondering why it isn't working.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I notified them on Nov 3 and Fed X delivered all 5 that I listed yesterday (Nov 18). Pretty fast considering the volume of claims they must be dealing with. I'll pack the returns today and get them out of the way tomorrow.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
mike-s wrote:
Had a bad one rated 1-A,10-BC. They sent a replacement rated 5-BC. Huh?

A 1-A rated extinguisher is a joke.

Extinguishers with plastic parts were always a (Kidde) joke.

Surprised Kidde didn't send you a bucket of sand.

๐Ÿ˜ž

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had 2 on the recall list, 1 from my RV and 1 from my boat. Both were the type with a push button on the top of the plastic valve. The new extinguishers arrived 2 weeks after registering online. They have metal valves with a gage and pull pin. Great deal since the originals were over 13 years old.

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Call me lucky. I own 5 Kiddee Fire Extinguishers. Two of them are replacements from the last recall. Now all five, including the replacements, are in this recall. They say 10 days for the arrival of the new ones.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first time hearing about the Recall. I will check my fire extinguishers when I get home.

Thanks for the PSA.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my 4 replacements from them, and I did need to buy 2 additional ones anyway so I bought 2 on sale from Menards today. They still have plastic handles on them, but on the box they added a sticker that says "New Metal Valve", so apparently a plastic valve was the issue. I decided to add a second one to my FW and keep one in the truck as well.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike-s wrote:

Maybe YOU should contact them!

I recently bought two for my boat, I will be contacting them next spring for replacement.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
What is the recall about?
Anything really serious?

Units with plastic handles had issues. Company was replacing at no cost.
Kidde website has full details including how to receive free replacements under recall notice.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
What is the recall about?
Anything really serious?
The extinguishers might fail to discharge when you try to use them. All the info is on the Kidde website. Click the Product Safety Recall link in the center bottom of home page.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
My replacement arrived today. Took about a week.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I am very surprised that they has so many replacement in stock. My replacement only took a week.

Good Job Kidde.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos