cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myakka River State Park

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of spending some time at this park in late March 2018. Can I assume that this park is packed at this time? How far ahead do we need to make reservations? Looks like there are 3 campgrounds, which would be recommended for a 27ft class A?
4 REPLIES 4

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may luck out seizing a cancellation if you check the website every day. Might also want to check out Oscar Scherer.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We make our reservations for the Palmetto Ridge loop the instant the reservations window opens 11 months prior to when we want to be there. It's pretty common the last few years that the available sites are all taken within a couple of minutes. We're skipping Myakka this winter, but will likely be back there next winter for a week or two. If we can get a suitable site...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have stayed at Myakka a couple of times. As pointed out above, Palmetto ridge is the nicest section. Best to make reservations now if you want something in March. May be too late actually. We lucked out about a month ago, making reservations for April.

With a 27 footer, you can probably find spots in any of the separate areas, so your options are expanded. I believe Palmetto is the only FHU site, but there is a dump station.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Palmetto Ridge is the newest and nicest section of the campground. It has paved roads and full hookups and nice bath houses.

The other two areas are all dirt roads and more plain in the woods sites. We have stayed here quite often and have seen the big flats area flood due to the rain.

If you are sure of the dates I would start booking now as the snowbirds will still be here till April. Probably quite full from now till April, but may be able to find a spot.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992