cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing Winterization Valve

NWRVGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I have a inline strainer/filter (SHURflow) on the intake side of my water compressor. Wanted to install a winterization valve and hose but there is zero room. Do I take the filter off ever year when I winterize? Any other creative solutions?
14 REPLIES 14

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Harvey51 wrote:

Some people drain the tank and pour a couple of gallons of the pink stuff in, then let the water pump suck it up and fill the lines.

a waste of AF and the AF left in the bottom of the tank will not drain, even if water is not compressible.

bumpy

Rvpapa
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote "You guys don't read too carefully"
After 16 years you finally noticed :B :B
Art.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Tried getting your image to post but no luck. Do you have some privacy options enabled on Imgur?

From the picture: It looks like you have about an inch of clearance on the output side of the pump. Dismount the pump from floor, slide it all the way right, and install a "T" with a cap on the inlet side before the filter. If you get lucky, your new "T" will be exactly the same dimension as the clearance you used.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You guys don't read too carefully.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Water is incompressible.

And centripetal force due to gravity is what keeps the moon from flying off into space.

Why are we discussing physics?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Water is incompressible.

and this relates to this issue how?
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Water is incompressible.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
there was zero room in my TT on the intake side so I put the fitting on the output side and just pump AF in thru that using a 12 volt bilge pump.
bumpy

NWRVGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Guess not. ๐Ÿ˜ž

NWRVGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help. Not much hose coming out of the floor either. They sure didnโ€™t make it user friendly. This is a 2009 Stealth 1812. Hopefully the picture uploads OK. First time using this feature.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I don't even bother with the winterize kit on the pump. I just remove the suction line from the water tank and stick that in a bottle of pink stuff. I use about 3 gallons (washer/dryer).
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I also have limited space, no room for permanent kit fitting. I just remove fitting on intake side of pump, and attach a pre-made hose with fitting in its place.

Jerry

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Use the forum search feature - plenty of posts where people use air to winterize their rigs.
Kevin

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Tough. Maybe a photo would inspire some ideas. Could the pump be moved to make more room? I'm thinking of my MH where a plastic tube with a couple of accessible elbows comes from the water tank to the pump. I could disconnect an elbow (threaded connectors) and hook up a hose to a jug of antifreeze.

Some people drain the tank and pour a couple of gallons of the pink stuff in, then let the water pump suck it up and fill the lines.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed