Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice buying a vintage Automate TT

Del_Tyree
Explorer
Explorer
Hi names Del I'm new to this forum. I'm from Bodega Bay Ca

I need some buying tips when it comes to a vintage travel made by Automate. I've never heard of this brand before.

I have seen the outside of the trailer through a cyclone fence and this thing is super clean and extremely long over 30'. It has 3 long windows on the left side looking from the rear. I took some pictures as it was getting dark but cannot load them on this sight. I will be seeing the inside tomorrow and need to know what to look for when it comes to these automate trailers.

Are parts for appliances hard to get? How do I know if the roof is good or not? Where to look for water damage? Is there something I should know about Automate?

It's probably built in the 80's or 70's I will know more tomorrow when I go see it.

Thanks y'all for your help and hopefully I end up buying it!
5 REPLIES 5

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
There is also an owners group.
www.automatervclub.com
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Google showed Auto mate.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry but not “vintage” to me. Just old. Inspect carefully unless you want a huge project.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Check tincantourists.com, maybe they have some helpful information.

If you're not familiar with RV's, you may want to hire a Mobile RV Tech to do an inspection.

Appliances should be standard, same as other RV's. Try everything to see if it works.
Water intrusion is a big concern for any RV.

Del_Tyree
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody knows anything about Automate travel trailers?