cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design Momentum?

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
The wife wants a new TH- she loves the Momentum fifth wheels. What are people experiencing? What else should we look at? Must be able to fit a four seat RZR- other than that we are open to anything. We are looking for something as good or better than the Grand Design... Appreciate your suggestions!
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...
9 REPLIES 9

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
GD was our first choice when shopping last year. Seemed like better than average units. Then we stumbled into a used Raptor 310TS and couldn't pass up the deal. No issues with Raptor in our first 8 months of used ownership.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

jneubig
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 395M Momentum this past July and couldn't be happier with the rig. Of course, like all of them, there were a few kinks to work out (most notably convertor went bad. The support I have received from Grand Design has been second to none. I had an Open Range before with great customer service and the GD folks are head and shoulders above.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
I too purchased a 2016 380TH Grand Design Momentum. We didn't want the longer garage ( ours is 10ft for the Victory Motorcycle).

We looked on and off for 3 years before deciding on the 380TH (a model that is not made any more).
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

crazybanshee
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at every toy hauler out there and ended up buying a 397th Momentum. Very happy with it.
2007 Volvo VNL780
2017 Momentum 397th
2 Honda 400EX's
3 Yamaha Banshees
Honda 250EX
15 Polaris 900 S VOODOO Blue
15 Polaris 900 S Titanium Matte Metal
17 Polaris S 1000 Stealth Black
Polaris Outlaw 110

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
We just finished our search and ordered a Momentum 349M a few weeks ago. We looked at Carbon, Raptor, Fuzion, Impact, Voltage, Spartan 300 series, and Momentum. We narrowed it down to the Voltage 3655 and Momentum 349M and 351M. The 349 was chosen because we liked the floorpan the best and wanted the bigger garage. While comparing hem all, we found the Momentum to have slightly better fit/finish and quality control when we looked at units on the lots. GD has very good customer service also.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We would have bought a Momentum if we used our trailer more than we do. We decided to not spend the extra money since we don't use it enough to make it worth it.

We too had the requirement to fit a 4 seat RZR (even though we only have a 2) and we looked at pretty much every 5th wheel toy hauler with at least a 12'6" garage available over the span of 2 years before deciding on our Impact, and I thought the Momentums were the nicest.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We really liked the GD units but when I started looking closer, I found lots of little short cuts they take in the build process. Plus their engineer was frankly, full of it and blatantly lied about some details at the RV show (like saying there's no luan paneling in the outside wall).
We ended up with Northwood.

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
The Momentum also has the advantage of having one of the largest fresh and grey water tank capacities of any toy hauler on the market. We have a friend with a Solitude. Grand Design seems to use similar materials and components as all the other trailers on the market. The difference is they are very responsive to service requests and support.
2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
double tree makes a nice one